This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Feb-2020 13:41 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
shalebing

Previous albums gone from Project workspace
Posted: 09-Feb-2020 20:26

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jalbum2.jpg (81.5 KB)
Attachment jalbum1.jpg (110.9 KB)
I was a regular user of JAlbum when I created the photo albums for my website but havn't used it for a while since I downloaded version 16.2. I now find that all of the albums created with the previous version have disappeared from the Project space down the left hand side. How do I get these back please?

I also previously used the Matrix skin but note that JAlbum do not recommend using that any longer. Surely if I use a different skin for any additions to my website they will look different to the galleries already online. I really don't want to have to recreate all the galleries.

I hope I have explained this problem in a way that someone will understand and I have attached a couple of screenshots. If anyone needs to check my website as it is in its current form the URL is www.raceandrally.co.uk
RobM

Re: Previous albums gone from Project workspace
Posted: 09-Feb-2020 21:15   in response to: shalebing in response to: shalebing

Open the ‘My albums’ directory in your OS, see here if you don’t know where it is. Either double click the project settings file (.jap) or drag and drop the project folder onto jAlbum.
RobM

Posted: 09-Feb-2020 21:21   in response to: shalebing in response to: shalebing

See http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=54713&tstart=100 for information on why Matrix has been moved to the legacy skins page.
jGromit

Posted: 09-Feb-2020 21:25   in response to: shalebing in response to: shalebing

shalebing wrote:
I was a regular user of JAlbum when I created the photo albums for my website but havn't used it for a while since I downloaded version 16.2. I now find that all of the albums created with the previous version have disappeared from the Project space down the left hand side. How do I get these back please?

That's just a "most recently used" list, so the projects haven't disappeared. As you open them again, they'll reappear in the list. The "sudden disappearance" phenomenon has been reported by some other users when they did an update, but no one's been able to reproduce it, so we're not sure why it ever happens.

BTW, you can control how many projects show up there. See Tools, Preferences, General, Recent projects.

I also previously used the Matrix skin but note that JAlbum do not recommend using that any longer.

You can certainly keep using it if you want to. The skin isn't going away - older skins may be removed from the "active" list, but they're never deleted from the site entirely (and I have everything back to version 1). The skin produces albums that aren't "smartphone friendly," but your main site isn't really usable on a smartphone, either, so that's probably not a consideration for you.
shalebing

Posted: 10-Feb-2020 13:27   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Looks like I have used another folder on my PC as there is nothing in the ‘My Albums’ folder in Windows. I did a search on *.jap files and I found literally dozens in a folder named J-Album Albums on my D: drive so it seems I have created that one myself. There seems to be a .jap file for every album I have created so do I simply drag all of them onto the Jalbum workspace?
RobM

Posted: 10-Feb-2020 13:33   in response to: shalebing in response to: shalebing

The ‘My albums’ folder you are looking for is in jAlbum’s preference setting, as in the link above. In jAlbum open the preference window and go to the ‘Albums’ tab, then make sure ‘Projects directory’ is pointing to your D drive directory that has the .jap files.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Feb-2020 13:41   in response to: shalebing in response to: shalebing

shalebing wrote:
...do I simply drag all of them onto the Jalbum workspace?

I don't think that will work. When you drag a .jap file into the jAlbum Explore window, you're telling it to open that project. If you drag multiple project files, how it will know what to do? It can't open a dozen projects at once. (I've never tried this, but....)

Besides that, do you really want that left panel to list every project you've ever created, even ones that are several years old, and that you will never update? Wouldn't you rather have a list of only the projects that are active?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums