This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Feb-2020 23:54 Last Post By: linuxrog Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
linuxrog

Album too large - Tiger
Posted: 08-Feb-2020 22:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
jAlbum is creating a very large album - nearly 1 GB. I have many large originals and they are not scaled down. in an effort to shrink the size, I selected Link to scaled-down images only in Settings > Pages and Force ReMake as well as Make Test. The processing is done in a split second. The size of images in the sub-folder under Album are the same as in the folder where originals are stored. I see no shrinkage.

What am I missing?

/Roger
jGromit

Re: Album too large - Tiger
Posted: 08-Feb-2020 22:25   in response to: linuxrog in response to: linuxrog
Correct
The scaled images will be found in the album/slides directory, not directly under album, which is where the originals land if you're including them in the album. And also, under Tools, Preferences, Album, check Synchronize output directory.

As always, do not choose Process only updated subdirectories. Changing linking choices or image bounds does not "update" a subdirectory.

ETA: Edited to correct a wrong statement.

ETA: And if you've just changed to Synchronize output directory, you might have to force the issue by deleting the local album, the making it again.
linuxrog

Posted: 08-Feb-2020 23:22   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks, jGromit. This fix shrunk my album by a factor of ~95%. BIG savings. Glas you pointed out the processing of subdirs. (I saw the sync thing afterwards.)

Now I have an album portraying a trip to Big Bend. My prize shot was of the Milky Way. Big Bend has the darkest skies in the continental USA. It's remote and there is very little light pollution.

As always, you guys are OVER THE TOP on support. Tell 'em to raise your pay.

/Roger
jGromit

Posted: 08-Feb-2020 23:46   in response to: linuxrog in response to: linuxrog
Helpful
linuxrog wrote:
Tell 'em to raise your pay.

David has promised to triple my pay - from zero to zilch, nada, zip, bupkis.
linuxrog

Posted: 08-Feb-2020 23:54   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

<grin> I won't say what came to mind. </grin>
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums