This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Jan-2020 10:32 Last Post By: mca815 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mca815

Neptune : link to original
Posted: 03-Jan-2020 11:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

Sorry to ask maybe a silly question, but as I'm newbie in JAlbum, I wonder why I can use the Minimal skin and have a download button to link to my original image, and when I use another skin like neptune, the button is not visible, although the option in the setting remains possible.
Anyone can help me ?
Many thanks in advance,

Michel
JeffTucker

Re: Neptune : link to original
Posted: 03-Jan-2020 12:31   in response to: mca815 in response to: mca815

When you choose Link to originals via scaled images, Minimal assumes that you want to have a download button on the slide page. Neptune says, "Maybe that's what he wants, but maybe not. Instead of doing him a 'favor' that he won't be able to override, I'll just let him tell me exactly what he wants." See Neptune > Layout > Slides > Downloads.

Other skins may not offer a download option at all. The skin developer may be using a third-party display script that doesn't provide an easy way to include icons beyond the basic "prev/next/close" navigation.

In some of my skins, I have intentionally left out options just to discourage album creators from following their worst instincts. I've seen too many albums that are so loaded with links, buttons, borders, backgrounds, and explanatory text, it's not clear that there are some photo's in the album. ;)
mca815

Re: Neptune : link to original
Posted: 04-Jan-2020 10:32   in response to: mca815 in response to: mca815

Thanks a lot jGromit :-)
I works perfectly fine...

I totally share your point of view about a lot of extra buttons hiding the picture.
Unfortunately, I used JAlbum to share family photos and people always ask me to have the best resolution of the picture to create their own albums... I must compromise here... :-)

The most difficult thing in JAlbum, but also the best advantage, is that there's a lot of options for doing almost everything. Sometimes, it's difficult to understand where you have to click ;-)
Thanks a lot anyway for your reply !
Have a nice day,

Michel
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums