This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Nov-2019 11:16 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Can't close jAlbum
Posted: 13-Nov-2019 18:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jAlbumHangs.JPG (396.5 KB)
In the last month I had 5 jAlbum hangs after I tried to exit jAlbum by clicking the close button in the upper right corner while the jAlbum settings window was open., see also attached screen-shot.

In all these cases there was a 'Save changes to project?' dialog box, but it this was invisible, probably hidden behind the main window. The only reaction to clicking the close button was a beep. I had to use the Windows Task manager to close jAlbum.

I don't have yet a reproducible recipe.

Latest Windows 10 version and jAlbum 19.1
davidekholm

Re: Can't close jAlbum
Posted: 14-Nov-2019 11:16   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Click to reply to this thread Reply
It seems like the later Java versions have a somewhat less optimal window modality handling than earlier versions. I've seen similar problems on Mac. The "save changes?" dialogue should naturally show up frontmost. I might have to compile a minimalistic example that reproduces this problem and pass to Oracle...
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums