This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Feb-2020 14:05 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
bleraillez

Database web site (sort of)
Posted: 04-Nov-2019 00:55

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Bonjour,

I've got a question concerning jAlbum and today's problem.

I started scanning old family pictures and I would like to create a site with two ways to navigate: by year (or decade) then family name or by family name then date. There is no problem with the picture's date, but on pictures there are often persons from different parts of the family.

i.e. My great-grand father with my grand-mother and her brother. I would like to have my side of the family see only "our family" pictures, or be see what happened in that particular period of time (pictures from the 30's, 40's...) There are also pictures with no one known, but cars, clothes... of that period.

So, my question is: is there a way (via alias or equivalent) to create a sort of simplified database of images?

P.S.1 All the original images are in a Lightroom (Mac) database and if I modify one I want it's (new) version to be the same everywhere on the site (I export to only one place).

P.S.2 Is there a way to use the LR keywords, stored in the jpeg, as legends of the picture? i.e. Bill, Steve... in the list view. The names of the persons in the picture are all keywords.

T.I.A.

Mac OS 10.14.6 - jAlbum 19.1

davidekholm

Re: Database web site (sort of)
Posted: 04-Nov-2019 14:43   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

bleraillez

Posted: 28-Nov-2019 21:08   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Thank you very much, I see I've got to climb a mountain, not a hill, to achieve this. I have to go back to work on what I would like to end up with.
davidekholm

Posted: 29-Nov-2019 07:54   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

To use the keywords as legends/captions, simply edit the caption template and add ${keywords} to the template. See Album Settings - Tiger - Sections - Images - Caption template
bleraillez

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 16:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Thank you very much.

I have a another question concerning adding keywords through the site so family members can add info (who, where, when) and have these stored in the image file itself, or exported in a text file so I can add this info in an image keywords.

I feel like using jAlbum to create a store. A new thing to learnĀ ;)
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Feb-2020 14:05   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

That's a feature request to consider for us for sure. It's been requested before. As jAlbum albums are served as static html pages, the implementation of this would probably rely on jAlbum widgets
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums