This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Oct-2019 20:58 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Sample Portfolio removal problem
Posted: 30-Oct-2019 15:01

Click to reply to this thread Reply
When launching jAlbum, the Sample Portfolio gets copied to My Albums. I don't want it there, so I delete it. But launching jAlbum again brings it back.

So, just delete it from C:\Program Files\jAlbum\samples? That produces a different problem. If the Sample Portfolio is missing, double-clicking any .jaskin file to install a skin produces a Windows installer error - it's looking for an msi file, presumably to "fix" the installation, and it's looking for it in a location that doesn't even exist, to wit, C:\Program Files\jAlbum AB.
RobM

Re: Sample Portfolio removal problem
Posted: 30-Oct-2019 15:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I recently 'lost' the Sample portfolio and got it back by force. David did say though that you cannot normally remove it, it should always be there. Maybe this should be feature request instead of a bug report.
jGromit

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 15:25   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Perhaps. But this seems to be the resurrection of an old annoyance, one that I thought had gone away. I don't recall seeing Sample Portfolio in My Albums in a long time. I think it's only with jAlbum 19 that it has reappeared, and stubbornly refuses to go away.

Don't do me any "favors." ;)
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 16:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I can only say that I haven't touched that code logic for years. I hate Microsoft Installer's default "repair" behavior. It can be switched off, but it's tedious to set up right. There are literally zillions of settings when setting up a .msi installer package. Can't you simply open that Sample Portfolio album and select "Remove from list"?
jGromit

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 19:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I guess what's changed is the installer behavior. I don't think I've encountered that "repair" routine in years, even after changing things in the installed program. Either that, or I'm an old man, and I'm confused. ;)

Not a big deal. I just hope the misbehavior doesn't also kick in when doing something like replacing jalbum-core.jar with a beta version.
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 19:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I'll review the installer settings again when building archives next time.
RobM

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 20:31   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I guess what's changed is the installer behavior. I don't think I've encountered that "repair" routine in years, even after changing things in the installed program. Either that, or I'm an old man, and I'm confused. ;)
Um, I’m confused too, how does a Windows installer affect a Mac dmg?
jGromit

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 20:52   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:

It doesn't. This is purely a Windows thing. On a Mac, you can, in fact, remove the Sample Portfolio both from My Albums and from the program directory, without any ill effects.
RobM

Posted: 30-Oct-2019 20:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:

It doesn't. This is purely a Windows thing. On a Mac, you can, in fact, remove the Sample Portfolio both from My Albums and from the program directory, without any ill effects.

I’m going for a lie down in a dark room ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums