This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27 Oct 19, 10:10 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Custom links not working
Posted: 26 Oct 19, 08:15

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In the release notes of version 1.0.5 you say that links in the caption area are now working, but I think that is incorrect, see my Lucid test album where I added custom code as reported earlier.

The Map problem, which I reported earlier is also not solved.
JeffTucker

Re: Custom links not working
Posted: 26 Oct 19, 13:41   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Attachment zoomedin.png (105.4 KB)
Attachment zoomedout.png (127.9 KB)
Attachment correctzoom.png (85.3 KB)
The basic maps problem is fixed - I now get the expected result, a map with markers for all of the GPS locations in the album.

But the zoom level has no effect. But for this type of map, perhaps the zoom level setting should be eliminated. Would a user want a map that was zoomed in so far, not all of the markers were visible? See zoomedin.png, where one of the markers almost disappears off the top. Would he want a map that was zoomed out so far, all of the markers would be in roughly the same place? See zoomedout.png.

In short, for a map with multiple markers, there is a "correct" zoom level, and that's what the maps API is providing. The map is zoomed so that all of the markers are shown, but the mapped area occupies most of the popup window. See correct.png.
Laza

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 14:52   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

If I click the link below this image it works fine:
https://andrewolff.jalbum.net/Vecht_Beerze_Lucid/#img=Beerze_140420_17.jpg
Laza

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 14:55   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Ah, I see. The code added to BODY is not guaranteed to work as you imagined. It's there for adding external JS libraries, and not content. I cannot make the skin so it works for everybody with every possible code, but I can add a warning on the GUI, so users know it's not for adding real content.
Laza

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 14:56   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes, you're right, I will simply remove the zoom level, as the skin automatically calculates the boundaries.
AndreWolff

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 19:31   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Ah, I see. The code added to BODY is not guaranteed to work as you imagined.
Well if that custom code box can't be used, you should remove it or tell the user what you can do with that box.

I could add my links with weblocations, see here.

The Google Map is OK, but why don't you make the window larger?

The rotating iPad problem has not been solved.
Laza

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 19:49   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

That's not "Custom content" but "Custom code". I tried to separate these in my skins, but in Lucid there's no place for "Custom content". Still I haven't removed that, because some use it for including widgets, like visitor counter.

Weblocations are only supported in the folder tree. So I don't see how a link could be added to them.

It's not me, but Google makes the zooming. The skin only provides the locations and Google calculates the required area.

The distortion has disappeared on iPhones and was never present on my iPad, so I took the iPad problem is resolved too. Can you please retest with a cache refresh?
AndreWolff

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 20:13   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Weblocations are only supported in the folder tree. So I don't see how a link could be added to them.
Well click on the 2nd hamburger icon and you see my links.
The distortion has disappeared on iPhones and was never present on my iPad, so I took the iPad problem is resolved too. Can you please retest with a cache refresh?
I did and I see the same view as you see in the screenshots at the end of this page!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 26-Oct-2019 20:20
Laza

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 20:43   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

??? I only see one hamburger icon but under that all links work. Do you mean that?

The screenshot shows vertically mispositioned photos but I can't see distortion. Do you mean that?
AndreWolff

Posted: 26 Oct 19, 20:52   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
??? I only see one hamburger icon but under that all links work. Do you mean that?
Yes those links are made via weblocations
The screenshot shows vertically mispositioned photos but I can't see distortion. Do you mean that?
No distortion, wrong images misaligned see https://jalbum.net/forum/servlet/JiveServlet/download/85-55594-336457-19761/A60B6B62-F79B-4C7A-AA7F-A5609CC74C27.png

I see the same problem on an iPhone, see attached screenshots

Edited by: AndreWolff on 26-Oct-2019 23:31
Laza

Posted: 27 Oct 19, 10:10   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Okay, I will look into. However Lucid in not (yet) good for panoramas, even if I fix the alignment.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums