This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Oct-2019 18:37 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

jAlbum shows the wrong on-line album
Posted: 20-Oct-2019 09:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jAlbumBug.png (342.5 KB)
If I open jAlbum and next select project Jalbum_Projector in the project list and next I click on the button right of the Upload button, I expect to see the on-line version of my Jalbum_Projector album.
However I see the on-line album of the project I have used before I closed jAlbum (project Jalbum_FB, see screen-shot).

This is a very old bug!
jGromit

Re: jAlbum shows the wrong on-line album
Posted: 20-Oct-2019 13:18   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

David, this happens when a user has a single image directory with multiple project files, like ab_Minimal.jap, ab_Neptune.jap, and ab_Tiger.jap. The core gets confused because the upload path is stored in .info, not in the project file. So, even though there are three different project files, there's only one .info file sitting in the image directory. The core has no way to account for the fact that the project has been uploaded to three different places.

Given that there may be only one user in the world who is doing this, it's probably not worth fixing.

ETA: This situation also produces some real disasters if you tell jAlbum to delete the entire project. Since the project may have been uploaded to three or more different places, jAlbum has no idea what it should be deleting. It can't know.
AndreWolff

Re: jAlbum shows the wrong on-line album
Posted: 20-Oct-2019 15:17   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
David, this happens when a user has a single image directory with multiple project files, like ab_Minimal.jap, ab_Neptune.jap, and ab_Tiger.jap. The core gets confused because the upload path is stored in .info, not in the project file. So, even though there are three different project files, there's only one .info file sitting in the image directory.
So David, there is an easy fix: just use the remoteDirectory string in the project file to compose the upload path, instead of the upload path in the .info folder.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums