Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 58 - Pages: 4 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] - Last Post: 23 Oct 19, 21:28 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Laza

Re: Lucid skin testing
Posted: 18 Oct 19, 11:41   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Because this is the wrong, old version. How it is supposed to fix anything?
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 11:49   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Now you can test 1.0.4. Thanks!
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 12:04   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
Now you can test 1.0.4. Thanks!
That version solves indeed the problem with one of my images, but the iPad problem is not solved, clicking on an image has still no effect and I see console errors after clicking F12 in Chrome.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 12:23   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Do want me to guess what console error you see?
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 12:28   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
Do want me to guess what console error you see?
I did attach it in a reply above, but apparently you did not see it.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 12:58   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
I didn't pay attention as you were testing the old version there, and there was no reference in the latest post. Sorry.

Did you try using a background image or author image or something?

The missing favicon is odd, as I saw it previously but not with the latest version, even though I haven't changed anything related.

Can you please try a repeated upload and a Ctrl-F5 to see if this is just a temporary problem?
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 13:10   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
Can you please try a repeated upload and a Ctrl-F5 to see if this is just a temporary problem?
Console output enclosed.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 13:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
When I look into your album it seems both the JS file and the CSS file came from version 1.0.2
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 13:48   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
When I look into your album it seems both the JS file and the CSS file came from version 1.0.2
Well I assume that I don’t have to remove these files by hand, so I guess it is a jAlbum problem.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 13:50   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Did you "Make album" and "Upload"? That used to fix it. The local preview also shows v1.0.2 in the index.html?
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:18   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
Did you "Make album" and "Upload"? That used to fix it. The local preview also shows v1.0.2 in the index.html?
Well I don't know what jAlbum is doing: I updated your skin today already twice, but the about box was still showing version 1.0.2
So I did a third update and the about window did show version 1.0.4.
I deleted the output directory and made and uploaded the album again.

I can now congratulate you: the iPad problem is solved!

But it still shows a minor problem, the images are vertically not correctly justified I think, see attached screenshot.
The click image problem has not been solved and I still see console errors, see attached screenshot
JeffTucker

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:22   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Attachment willchange.png (54.0 KB)
Attachment crosssitecookie.png (61.3 KB)
Laza wrote:
The missing favicon is odd, as I saw it previously but not with the latest version, even though I haven't changed anything related.

This is a very weird one. The favicon.ico file is present on the server. In Firefox, I didn't see a console error about it. In Chrome, I saw the error, but the favicon was actually visible on the browser tab, and a quick page refresh made the console error disappear. And yet, if I attempt to point my browser directly to that file, I get a 404. But I can connect with FileZilla, and confirm that the file is present.

The problem seems to be confined to jalbum.net hosting - using my own host, the error vanishes. Probably need to consult with Anders about it. I can set up a test album if that will help.

While we're in the console, I do get a couple of odd warnings, different in different browsers. Firefox complains about "will-change memory consumption." One of the more puzzling warnings I've seen! Chrome warns about cross-site cookies. Screenshots attached.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
The cross-site warning is related to the widgets, I guess, otherwise no such cookie is stored by the skin.

Yes, it seems the favicon.ico is somewhat restricted on jalbum.net, perhaps Anders can tell why.

The will-change is just a CSS property that tells the browsers what properties will change. The intention is to optimize the transitions upfront. As I read FF can deal with up to 3x of the screen size, however Lucid needs 4-5x screen area for all the carousel to fit in. Perhaps I can omit this attribute completely, but I don't think it hurts.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:36   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
I'll test panoramic images, but this skin is not good for panoramics.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:38   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
The click image works only for the next and previous images. For the current there's no such functionality.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums