This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Sep-2019 23:44 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
razzle

Jupiter PDF
Posted: 20-Sep-2019 21:59

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Jupiter PDF.jpg (110,1 KB)
Hi,

I can't seem to get PDF's to work in my album like it does on the Jupiter demo site. Are there any special options I need to activate? I can't see any specific skin settings which relate to PDF's. I get a No Preview Available message as shown on the attached.

Regards,

Bob
JeffTucker

Re: Jupiter PDF
Posted: 20-Sep-2019 22:02   in response to: razzle in response to: razzle

The PDF viewer won't work in local preview mode, which is what I suspect you're doing. You have to be viewing the album from a server.
razzle

Posted: 20-Sep-2019 23:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks. That solved the problem.
JeffTucker

Posted: 20-Sep-2019 23:44   in response to: razzle in response to: razzle

That's the one downside of this particular PDF viewer - the PDF has to be publicly accessible. The rendering is being done by an undocumented feature of Google Docs. The big plus is that it's not browser-dependent - it even works on smartphones.

I notice that Laza is using it in his skins, as well. It's just so much better than the other options out there. Maybe someday HTML will include a nice, simple <pdf> tag. Showing videos on a web page used to require all manner of external scripts and thrashing about, and that finally got fixed.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums