This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Sep 19, 17:40 Last Post By: rfm2 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rfm2

Neptune - video volume
Posted: 18 Sep 19, 03:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is there any way o control the volume of the output video? The volume when viewed locally (external browser) is adequate, but the volume of the video in the posted album is very low
JeffTucker

Re: Neptune - video volume
Posted: 18 Sep 19, 03:54   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

No way that I'm aware of. The audio is fed to the browser in an HTML <audio> tag. What the browser then does with it is beyond the skin's control. There is a volume attribute, but the default is 1.0, the highest available.

Remember, too, that the volume of the audio on a web page is controlled by the settings on the user's own PC or Mac. There's no way of knowing what's happening on the visitor's machine. When you view the album from a server, your browser may simply be remembering that the last time you hit a site with music, you turned down the volume.

What makes it particularly confusing is that there are three ways of altering the volume - there's the slider on the audio player in your browser, there's a volume control provided by your operating system, and there is often a physical volume knob on your speakers. None of these knows that the others are doing.
rfm2

Posted: 18 Sep 19, 17:34   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks for the usual quick, thorough response. I vaguely remember asking this question a long time ago (obviously for Matrix) and I'm sure the answer then was the same as now. I'm aware of all the volume options outside the jAlbum/skin options, so when I send a link to the family of an album where the volume is important I always urge them to turn up the volume on their viewing device.
JeffTucker

Posted: 18 Sep 19, 17:35   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

rfm2 wrote:
...when I send a link to the family of an album where the volume is important I always urge them to turn up the volume on their viewing device.

That, of course, brings up the fourth uncontrollable factor. Some of us don't hear so good anymore.
rfm2

Posted: 18 Sep 19, 17:40   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes, but in my case when playing it back on my notebook computer I did have my hearing aids on and turned to normal :-)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums