This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jul-2020 23:59 Last Post By: jGromit
jGromit

Adding xmp metadata to output images
Posted: 30-Aug-2019 21:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Not a big deal, since I'm not sure how many people use this capability, but start a new Minimal project with just one image, something with no title or comment attached to it. In Tools, Preferences, Album, check Write xmp metadata to files. In the Advanced > Metadata settings, choose Include xmp metadata in generated images. Make the album.

Now go back in and add a title to the image. Take a look at List metadata, to satisfy yourself that it's there. Make the album again. You will get a new slide image, with the title embedded in it.

Now go back in and add a comment to the image, and List metadata. Make the album again. You won't get a new slide image. The comment doesn't get written out to the slide image until you do something else that triggers reprocessing of that image.

ETA: Adding a keyword also triggers the creation of a new slide image, as expected.
jGromit

Re: Adding xmp metadata to output images
Posted: 30-Aug-2019 21:34   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

An odd corollary to this... If I do not tell jAlbum to include metadata (xmp or otherwise) in the generated images, adding a title or keyword still causes a new slide image to be created. It shouldn't.
jGromit

Posted: 02-May-2020 14:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

These peculiarities are still out there.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jul-2020 23:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

This bug is clearly never going to be fixed. I will delete this thread on Aug. 15, 2020.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums