This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29 Aug 19, 02:44 Last Post By: jret Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jret

Neptune: png files
Posted: 28 Aug 19, 19:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In converting a site from Gromit to Neptune I noticed that several png files would not convert to jpg in Neptune even though I had the boxes checked for building thumbs & slides as jpg images. Tried a couple of things without success before deciding to convert the files to jpg with Photoshop - only a few files so didn't take much time.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong (+or didn't do something I should have done+) in Neptune or if the files might have been some special version of png that I'm unaware of. Thoughts? I've already fixes the files so I'm not looking for a fix, just wondering what might have happened.
JeffTucker

Re: Neptune: png files
Posted: 28 Aug 19, 19:35   in response to: jret in response to: jret

If you include PNG files as part of the album project, jAlbum will convert them to JPG only if you've checked Settings > Images > Advanced > Force JPEG images.

Neptune triggers the processing of only some images, specifically, the theme image and the oversized folder thumbnails. Those are always forced to JPG's, regardless of any other settings.

The only other oddball is a logo image you include on an info page. Those are always saved as PNG images. It's easier to do that than to figure out which it is, and what should be done with it. This is also a place where PNG transparency is likely to be important to preserve, so a PNG is the safest choice.

Besides all of that, what's the problem with PNG files?
jret

Posted: 29 Aug 19, 02:16   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I did include several PNG files as part of the album project and I did check the Settings > Images > Advanced > Force JPEG images but the files did not become JPEG images and an error message was displayed after the album was built.

The PNG files in question worked as anticipated when the album was built with the Gromit skin but apparently failed when building in Neptune.

Any ideas? anything I should check?

I've already converted the PNG files to JPEGs with PhotoShop and the album is functioning fine now so that part is OK - just wondering why I hit a snag and if I've failed to follow a procedure.
JeffTucker

Posted: 29 Aug 19, 02:26   in response to: jret in response to: jret

jret wrote:
The PNG files in question worked as anticipated when the album was built with the Gromit skin but apparently failed when building in Neptune.

Impossible. The skin does not process the images. No skin does. The jAlbum core does all the image processing, no matter which skin you use.

And what was the error message?
jret

Posted: 29 Aug 19, 02:44   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I cannot replicate the error. After I converted the PNG files to JPEG and copied them to the project I excluded the PNG files that had failed earlier as well as displayed an error code. To attempt to replicate the issue I went back and included the PNG files and the project built without issue - the PNG files are working just fine now.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums