This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Aug-2019 12:32 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ctwist

Change severity of ffmpeg messages
Posted: 14-Aug-2019 17:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have some old videos that ffmpeg doesn't like. It fails to extract a thumbnail and then generates lots of messages. jAlbum does recover from this, so the problem is not serious. However, all the ffmpeg messages are shown in system console, even if logging level is set to SEVERE.

Can the severity of such messages be changed, so that I can exclude them from system console? I suggest that jAlbum should show a single message (thumbnail could not be created) if logging level is WARNING, and all the other ffmpeg messages should be shown if logging level is INFO (or maybe FINE?).
RobM

Re: Change severity of ffmpeg messages
Posted: 14-Aug-2019 17:50   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
I have some old videos that ffmpeg doesn't like. It fails to extract a thumbnail and then generates lots of messages. jAlbum does recover from this, so the problem is not serious. However, all the ffmpeg messages are shown in system console, even if logging level is set to SEVERE.

Can the severity of such messages be changed, so that I can exclude them from system console? I suggest that jAlbum should show a single message (thumbnail could not be created) if logging level is WARNING, and all the other ffmpeg messages should be shown if logging level is INFO (or maybe FINE?).

Do you perhaps have an equally old version of ffmpeg installed? If so, maybe updating ffmpeg might solve the problem.
ctwist

Posted: 14-Aug-2019 18:23   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

No. Before posting, I installed the latest stable version of ffmpeg, which was released today.
davidekholm

Posted: 19-Aug-2019 12:32   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

Please pass one such video to me so I can easily reproduce the problem
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums