This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29 Jul 19, 18:47 Last Post By: ctwist Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ctwist

Propagate a theme image upwards
Posted: 27 Jul 19, 18:13

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My project contains a Scotland folder and an Ayr subfolder. Ayr has a thumbnail image and a theme image.

When I am positioned in the Scotland folder, I drag Ayr into the theme image. This causes the Scotland theme image to be set to the Ayr thumbnail image.

It would be more useful to copy Ayr's theme image to Scotland's theme image.
davidekholm

Re: Propagate a theme image upwards
Posted: 29 Jul 19, 15:50   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

I see. I guess the best way forward is to add a browse menu option to each image selector so one can point out whatever image.
ctwist

Posted: 29 Jul 19, 17:14   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

My thinking is that a parent folder's theme image will be the best theme image from its subfolders. It is unlikely that I will choose a theme image for Ayr, and then choose a theme image for Scotland that is a different image from the Ayr folder. I don't think that I would need an image selector.
ctwist

Posted: 29 Jul 19, 17:54   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

Also, the image in the "set crop focus" window should have all image filters applied before it is displayed.

I have selected an image that is crooked, and I have straightened it. The thumbnail in the explore window shows the straightened image. When I drag this into the Set crop focus window, the straightened image is shown briefly and then it reverts to the original crooked image. This makes it impossible to set the crop focus accurately. The resultant theme image in the album is crooked; the image filters have not been applied.

Edited by: ctwist on 29-Jul-2019 12:45
Suggestion withdrawn.
JeffTucker

Posted: 29 Jul 19, 18:06   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

Rings a bell: https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=53902

ETA: This could get really messy. Which image filters to apply? Straightening, surely, and color corrections too. But cropping, watermarking, logo overlay, and so on? Probably not.

I think I would just say "Start a project with only your theme image, choose huge image bounds, do your image editing, grab the output slide image, and use that in your real project."
ctwist

Posted: 29 Jul 19, 18:41   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

OK I see that this has already been discussed.

A simpler option: hold my camera straight (but I was on a bus this time).
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums