This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 50 - Pages: 4 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] - Last Post: 09-Nov-2019 23:51 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
sburke

Re: Creation time on videos
Posted: 09-Nov-2019 21:28   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment IMG_4160.mp4 (472.3 KB)
RobM wrote:
There are other tools that will show you how to process all videos in a project, rather than a selected video. video from images is one that uses ffmpeg too.
Thanks RobM - that is very helpful.

jGromit wrote:
Can you give us a (small) sample video that includes metadata using your own "standard?" And what's the field called?
Here is one. As indicated in earlier posts I am planning to use the XMP-exif:DateTimeOriginal tag for storing the local creation date (in this sample there is a 2 hour difference compared to CreateDate). I'm not wedded to this though - any other appropriate field would be OK so long as it isn't intended to store something different.

jGromit wrote:
Then, even if ME can pull that field, what will jAlbum do with it? The jAlbum core isn't open-source, so you wouldn't be able, for example, to modify jAlbum to use that xmp field as the originalDate variable (for sorting album objects). And asking David to modify the core to accommodate a home-brewed metadata field would be a bit much.
Aww crap! I just assumed that as there are ao.setTitle() and ao.setComment() functions, there would also be an ao.setOriginalDate() function. Just checked the api and there isn't. As you no doubt already knew.
(Just tried
Scope vrs = ao.getVars();
vrs.put("originalDate", "10 Nov 2020 20:20");
ao.setVars(vrs);

but that didn't do anything useful either.)

Back to the drawing board.

Just about to go on holiday so I will mull this over for the next couple of weeks. Be nice if I knew what I was doing.
jGromit

Posted: 09-Nov-2019 21:54   in response to: sburke in response to: sburke

Well, if ME is modified so that it can extract metadata from videos properly, including xmp fields, the routine within a skin becomes fairly simple:
realTime=meta.get("xmp.exif:DateTimeOriginal");
But of course, the jAlbum core has to bind everything that ME extracts to the meta variable.

Still no help for sorting the album objects before making the album, though I suppose a skin could force the issue. Lots of extra effort.
jGromit

Posted: 09-Nov-2019 21:57   in response to: sburke in response to: sburke

sburke wrote:
Here is one.

I was virtually certain about this, but as expected, ME picks up only the File and MP4 metadata, not the xmp.
RobM

Posted: 09-Nov-2019 23:33   in response to: sburke in response to: sburke

Just a flippant thought for an embedded date/time that will always be available as long as the video can be played, add a few seconds of an intro image showing the date, time, location or whatever to the video,

Sorry, couldn’t resist thinking differently ;)
jGromit

Posted: 09-Nov-2019 23:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

You've been into the cooking sherry again, haven't you.
RobM

Posted: 09-Nov-2019 23:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
You've been into the cooking sherry again, haven't you.
More of a rum do ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums