This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 24-Jun-2019 23:14 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Open the Album settings window so that the user can a easy control it.
Posted: 14-Jun-2019 10:21

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In jAlbum version 18.2.1 the Album Settings window is apparently opened in a size such that all text on all tabs is readable, which can give problems on small screens:
On small screens the menu of the Album settings window is sometimes not visible if the main window if jAlbum is not in the middle of the screen, with as result that the user can not move the Album Settings window with the mouse.

So my request is: If you open the Album settings Window reduce the size of the Album Settings window or move the position of the Album Settings window so that the top of the Album Settings window is always visible and can be used by the user to move the window and make it smaller or larger.

Or change the size and/or position of the Album settings window so that is always falls within the jAlbum main window.

It would also be nice if the position and size of the Album settings window is remembered and used if the Album settings window is opened next time.
davidekholm

Re: Open the Album settings window so that the user can a easy control it.
Posted: 14-Jun-2019 15:52   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

I'll consider that. The general recommendation for skin developers with large skin UIs is to rely on tabs and potentially put the UI within a JScrollPane if it tends to grow past typical screen sizes, then jAlbum will shrink the window to the bounds of the screen.
AndreWolff

Posted: 14-Jun-2019 16:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
I'll consider that. The general recommendation for skin developers with large skin UIs is to rely on tabs and potentially put the UI within a JScrollPane if it tends to grow past typical screen sizes, then jAlbum will shrink the window to the bounds of the screen.
Sorry David, I am not sure what you mean with a UI within a JScrollPane.
Could you please give an example of as skin where this is used?

With the FancyBox skin, the Slide page / Options tab is too large, but splitting that in two tabs makes it user unfriendly.

Is it with the current version possible to specify the window size if it is opened?
jGromit

Posted: 14-Jun-2019 16:07   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Sorry David, I am not sure what you mean with a UI within a JScrollPane.
Could you please give an example of as skin where this is used?

The FancyBox skin UI uses a JScrollPane. You should probably consult with the person who coded it to find out how it's done.
davidekholm

Posted: 17-Jun-2019 12:40   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Here's a piece of code that wraps a skin's UI in a JScrollPane:
window.setSkinUI(new JScrollPane(skinUIHere));
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Jun-2019 21:52   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I have that code already in my skins, so this does not solve the problem.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 17:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

That should really make your UI shrink so it fits within the screen.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 17:48   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
That should really make your UI shrink so it fits within the screen.
Well install the FancyBox skin and see that it is not working!
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 17:53   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It works here. What OS should I test on?

Even though you have a JScrollPane, do review some components that are unnecessarily large (the CSS field for instance)
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 17:58   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
It works here. What OS should I test on?
On my Windows 10 system it is not working if the jAlbum main window is not centered, but fot example at the top of the screen.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 18:08   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Works here, on both Win 10 and Mac. On Windows, the settings window didn't even expand beyond the bounds of the Minimal skin. Are you using some special theme or window management software?
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 18:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Works here, on both Win 10 and Mac. On Windows, the settings window didn't even expand beyond the bounds of the Minimal skin.
What has the minimal skin to do with this problem?
Are you using some special theme or window management software?
No. I will make a screen dump later.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 18:16   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Works here, on both Win 10 and Mac. On Windows, the settings window didn't even expand beyond the bounds of the Minimal skin.
What has the minimal skin to do with this problem?

Nothing. I was simply saying that the settings window didn't grow any more than if I had been using the Minimal skin.

Are you using some special theme or window management software?
No. I will make a screen dump later.
Good
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 18:48   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment FancyBoxSettings.PNG (397.7 KB)
Attachment MainProgram.PNG (986.5 KB)
Here are screendumps of the whole screen of my laptop.

I started jAlbum in the upper left corner, see MainProgram.PNG

Next I open the FancyBox settings, see FancyBoxSetting.PNG

In the last screendump you see that the top of the window, the Title bar, is outside the monitor area.

With my mouse I can't move the settings window because I can't click in the Title bar.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2019 19:27   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Odd. I wonder what triggers this on your computer when we can't reproduce this anyone of us.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums