This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-May-2019 21:18 Last Post By: AnCa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
berutoran

Some bugs on the web site ?
Posted: 16-May-2019 17:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

2 or 3 days ago, using the MacOS client, I grouped all albums I rarely update in a folder.
And at the same level (1st level), I created a secured album. So when I open my page, I should see only two icons: the one of the folder with all my old albums and the one of my new (secured) album...

When I use the client app, I do see a folder under which are all my old albums, and at same level the folder of my new album.
But when I visit my jalbum page, I can still see part or all my old albums where they were before I moved them. The number of old album s I can still see depends on the browser I use

Also, each time I upload an update of my new secured album, I get a new icon of this album. Presently, I have 4 icons of this same album... But only one is good. When I c lick on the other icons, I get a message telling me that the album doesn't exist any longer.

Is there something I can/should do to prevent these abnormal behaviours? Or is this a bug?

Edited by: berutoran on 16-May-2019 18:00
AnCa

Re: Some bugs on the web site ?
Posted: 16-May-2019 20:13   in response to: berutoran in response to: berutoran

You mean you have moved around the folders directly on the SFTP-server?

If you do that from within jAlbum the site should be aware of the update. I'll check tomorrow what the cause is.

You shouldn't see different albums in different browsers. But you will if you are signed in or not. Isn't that the reason?

Can you email the support regarding this? It's easier for me to respond then.
jGromit

Posted: 16-May-2019 20:53   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

I think part of the confusion here is that the profile page doesn't really support folders properly. If you create a folder on your jAlbum account, and put several albums into it, you end up with a folder icon on your profile page which is not clickable, plus a thumbnail that really does take you to a second profile page, showing just the albums in that folder. But the individual albums also show up at the top level of the profile page.

You can certainly create an "album of albums" which works in a more rational way, but the profile page, on its own, doesn't really know what to do with a folder.
AnCa

Posted: 16-May-2019 21:18   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

The profile page should be aware of the folder. I get the feeling the bug is related to us switching to https for URLs for the user albums....
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums