This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-May-2019 10:26 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ufalbum

New images not marked in top level or parent folder
Posted: 10-May-2019 17:17

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
using Mark files 'new' less than xx days in the setting Site/Extra works, but only in that folder where the new files are located. In the obselete Turtle skin it was different. New photos are also indicated in thumbnails of parent folders and the top level of the album. Now you don't know where the new photos are, except you use additional possibilties as using the setting sidebar/search new images which is a very nice feature. Congratulations!

Example
https://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/s21_act/album/

BTW: the default date setting of sidebar/search new images is: 1, 3, 30. 1 uses the key: inThePast48Hours=in the past 48 hours, Is that wanted? 2 says 2 days ago.

Regards
Ulli
Laza

Re: New images not marked in top level or parent folder
Posted: 11-May-2019 10:43   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Previously I used my own routine to find out if any photo was modified in the subfolders. Now after David's advice I started using jAlbum's built-in deepLastModified function, which supposed to do the same but much quicker. It seems that function doesn't work properly. We will look into it. I could not look into the setting - as no lifeboat.zip was uploaded along with the album -, but perhaps the "Advanced / Process only updated subdirectories" settings has effect on this functionality - you might want to check if that's OFF.

The Search new images was set to find images only in the current folder, you might want to change to either "Whole album" or "Subfolders included".
jGromit

Posted: 11-May-2019 11:56   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Just did a quick test, and Photoblogger doesn't seem to be applying the "new" marker to folders at all, no matter what criterion for "newness" is used.

In this album, everything is new, but no folders are marked:

http://jgromit.jalbum.net/deepNew/

(I use JAlbumUtilites.getDeepLastAdded in my own skins, and have never had any problems with it. I do my own variation on getDeepLastTaken, for other reasons, and I don't offer a "last modified" option, since I don't think it conveys any useful information.)
Laza

Posted: 11-May-2019 19:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks, I will test it once I get to it.
ufalbum

Posted: 12-May-2019 12:18   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

"Advanced / Process only updated subdirectories" settings has effect on this functionality - you might want to check if that's OFF.

It isn't off, but as jGromit also stated, it seems to be an issue.
Thank you for your steady effort :-)

Regards Ulli
Laza

Posted: 12-May-2019 14:43   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I have changed the way skins store the modified date. Previously the skins stored the days since 1970.01.01, but lately I've changed this to second-based. This way you can get better times, e.g. now the "modified in the past 24 hours" is punctual. Probably I forgot to change every line of the code to match this.
jGromit

Posted: 12-May-2019 14:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

That's not really the point, is it? In my demo album, a bunch of the images are marked as "newly added," but the folder that contains them doesn't show any indication that there are new images in that folder.
Laza

Posted: 13-May-2019 10:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

It can be relevant if the "mark new" routine thinks the date is expressed in days instead of seconds.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums