This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26 Apr 19, 11:31 Last Post By: per5700
per5700

What considerations have you made about GDPR?
Posted: 22 Apr 19, 17:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a pro subscription since several of my friends have albums on my webserver.
Several have StatCounter running which collects information about visitors. They must therefore be present informations about that we are collecting information about their visits.
I have been looking at Gromit if there is a function that can make a POPUP message in connection with index.html about cookies but has not found anything.
Have you considered making a solution so that we can live up to the EU regulations?
Sincerely
Per
JeffTucker

Re: What considerations have you made about GDPR?
Posted: 22 Apr 19, 17:51   in response to: per5700 in response to: per5700
Helpful
per5700 wrote:
I have been looking at Gromit if there is a function that can make a POPUP message in connection with index.html about cookies but has not found anything.

If you have a script that will take care of that, the skin allows you to plant the necessary code in the <head> section of the index and/or slide pages (the place for Javascript routines), and/or at the top or bottom of the <body> sections.

The skin itself doesn't use cookies, or collect any information from a visitor, so there's no need to build in any GDPR code. It does allow you to plug in Google Analytics, but I believe those do not run afoul of GDPR, since no user-identifiable information is collected.
per5700

Re: What considerations have you made about GDPR?
Posted: 26 Apr 19, 11:31   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums