This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Apr-2019 01:48 Last Post By: composition
composition

Turtle using fotomoto artwork folder
Posted: 20-Apr-2019 00:25

Click to reply to this thread Reply
New to the jalbum site
I've created an album seems to work (visually).
chose Fotomoto as my print/store function.

Im looking at the tutorial for turtle and fotomoto, looks outdated but I continued
I didn't have much luck creating a folder using given instructions
I used a ftp instead create folder.
my problem was I could not put my pictures into selected folder on the jalbum site.

I have two different file types
jpeg is used in the album turtle made a thumb
this works fine
I used a tiff type for my print job and this was the file type I was trying to move.
into its own folder for fotomoto to use for artwork.
thx in advance!

is this the norm on setting this up. were did I goof :)
are there other ways of doing this.

jGromit

Re: Turtle using fotomoto artwork folder
Posted: 20-Apr-2019 03:45   in response to: composition in response to: composition
Helpful
Attachment newfolder.png (95.2 KB)
(Thread moved. This does not involve the jAlbum website.)

You should not be using the Turtle skin. It is obsolete, and has been superseded by the Tiger skin.

In Tiger, to use Fotomoto, see Tiger - Lightbox - Info panel - Buttons - Use Fotomoto.

Just looking over the old Turtle instructions for letting a viewer see one set of images, but download another... Tiger would operate the same way, though there is still one difficulty (common to both skins).

Add a folder to your album project. The process is simple. In your album project, click on the New folder icon - see newfolder.png, attached. Give the folder its name, tiffversions.

Now double-click on tiffversions, to open it, then add your TIFF images. Now select all of them, either by hitting CTRL-A, or by clicking the first thumbnail and SHIFT-clicking the last thumbnail. Right-click, and choose Use original. This will tell jAlbum not to convert the TIFF's to JPG's. Then go back to the root level of the album project, right-click on tiffversions, and choose Hide. This will include the folder in the album, but not provide any visible link to it from the album the site visitor sees. Then make the album, and upload it.

What's still not clear to me is how to tell Fotomoto to use those images. The base file names will be the same, but the extensions won't. I'm not familiar enough with Fotomoto to know how to pull this off, but it looks like there should be a way.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Apr-2019 04:18   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

BTW, as the old blog post says, it's not possible to password-protect your TIFF folder if you're using jAlbum hosting. You might want to use another web host, or use a very obscure name for the folder that contains the TIFF's (though a skilled user could still ferret out the name).
composition

Posted: 24-Apr-2019 01:48   in response to: composition in response to: composition

This worked. Thank you.
I need to create another thread on how to do tiff set up.
as one is 216 meg after I did my edits.
my camera is only a 36mb

again thanks
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums