This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Apr-2019 15:01 Last Post By: DLMST Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
DLMST

Shopping cart contents and multiple "albums"
Posted: 03-Apr-2019 22:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
I have one album with multiple folders. Design-wise I use the slider and the background gradient on all but two folders. I had to change the design of two of those folders so that they appear slightly different from the others. I didn't want the slider to appear or the background gradient to appear on those two folders. So, to do that, using JAlbum > Photoblogger, I did a "make album" of each of those two folders with the changed design. When I replaced the original folders with these two redesigned folders back into the main album, I found that the shopping cart no longer was able to display all the selected photos when photos are added from both those redesigned folders AND the main album folders.

Is it possible for the shopping cart to include all the photos selected to be added to the cart, even when those photos are technically in separate "albums"?

Edited by: DLMST on 03-Apr-2019 16:14
Laza

Re: Shopping cart contents and multiple "albums"
Posted: 04-Apr-2019 08:23   in response to: DLMST in response to: DLMST

No, the shopping cart can only contain items from the current album. Think of the global shop options, discounts, shipping fees and such which can be different in different albums.

But you can effectively remove the slider from the second level folders with the "Settings / Photoblogger / Site / Blog level depth" = "Top level only" setting.
DLMST

Re: Shopping cart contents and multiple "albums"
Posted: 04-Apr-2019 15:01   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi Laza, thank you for your help. Yes, that's what I love about the shopping cart feature. It's great! I just have an odd folder setup.

All the folders except for two do have the slider set to "top level only" (ex. https://www.dstappan.com/2010/Photo_Gallery/Newest%20Releases/index.html) but those other two folders are unique in their setup. For one of them, the folder only contains 2 images so I don't want a slider and I don't want the background gradient to appear (https://www.dstappan.com/2010/Photo_Gallery/Books_and_BluRays/index.html). The other "odd ball" folder (https://www.dstappan.com/2010/Photo_Gallery/Special%20Projects/index.html) contains two subfolders so I don't want the slider to appear on the top level nor do I want the gradient background element to appear there but I do want the slider and the gradient to appear on the subfolder index pages. See what I mean?

I'm guessing there's a way to edit the code (after the album is created) for those two unique folders so that the entire album is set up to allow the shopping cart to work "global"ly. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find where/what to tweak. Is that possible by any chance?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums