This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23 Mar 19, 15:10 Last Post By: hmonnier
hmonnier

Transferring an album...
Posted: 23 Mar 19, 13:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment album_errpr.jpg (27.2 KB)
On my desktop i have an album that i am working on. I want to bring a copy of this album up on my laptop, as I'm headed on a trip, and wish to keep doing my updates as I travel. These are the steps I have done, and I cannot get the album to 'build', without error, on the laptop. Editing, adding and modifying seem to work fine, but Im unable to 'build' a new album to send to the server. Another cockpit error somewhere......I'm good at that!!

on the desktop: in the folder, MyAlbums, I copy the complete folder of the project "photos". this gets the source folders, and the 'compiled' version in folder "album".

on the laptop: go to folder MyAlbums, and copy the contents of the "photos" project there. a properties view, shows the same number of folders and files as were on the desktop.

I am able to edit, add, and modify everything about the project. However when I attempt a "Make Album" F9 i get the attached error.

the version of jalbum is the same on both PC's, I have reloaded the laptop numerous times, to no avail. Running win10, jalbum 18 on both machines.

Appreciate any suggestions... Thanks Henri

Edited by: hmonnier on 23-Mar-2019 08:56

Edited by: hmonnier on 23-Mar-2019 08:59
JeffTucker

Re: Transferring an album...
Posted: 23 Mar 19, 14:01   in response to: hmonnier in response to: hmonnier
Correct
On the laptop, look at Settings > General > Output directory. What is in that field?
hmonnier

Re: Transferring an album...
Posted: 23 Mar 19, 15:10   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Well you again jumped in. That was the issue, it was pointing to a non-existant place on the laptop. thanks again my friend... overlooked the obvious..... course the error message could be a bit better....
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums