This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 22 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 31-Mar-2019 18:46 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Merlin2504

Re: Slider
Posted: 31-Mar-2019 17:20   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Thanks, now I have understood.

As I said. There is an error on the main pages. Since the images for the slider are also displayed again below. See screenshot.

https://duhlendorf.com/Bilder-64.Session/index.html
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 17:25   in response to: Merlin2504 in response to: Merlin2504

Attachment ss005293.png (18.9 KB)
You have told Photoblogger to use the first 20 items for the slider, and also to show those items as regular thumbnails. See screenshot. It is doing exactly what you have told it to do.
Merlin2504

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 17:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

1. Then the hook probably has to come in?

2. If I clear the hook, the main page is right. But in all picture galleries the first 20 pictures are not displayed? Then here is a mistake.

See screenshots with hooks and missing pictures in the galleries. Main page is correct.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 17:46   in response to: Merlin2504 in response to: Merlin2504

This is not complicated.

If you tell it to use the first 20 images for the slider, and don't check the box, those 20 images will be shown in the slider, and there will also be thumbnails for each of them. They will be part of the gallery.

If you tell it to use the first 20 images for the slider, and do check the box, those 20 images will be shown in the slider, but there won't be any thumbnails for them. They will not be part of the gallery.
Merlin2504

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 17:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I think we talk past each other through my bad English skills.

Here the arrangement in the JAlbum, see screenshots 1 and 2.
There is the hook included and 10 images for the slider inserted.

That turns into:
Main page is okay.
https://duhlendorf.com/Bilder-64.Session/

Picture galleries, no matter what. The first 20 pictures are missing.
https://duhlendorf.com/Bilder-64.Session/freitag%20warmup%20party/index.html
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 18:13   in response to: Merlin2504 in response to: Merlin2504

You have told Photoblogger to use the first 20 images in each folder for the slider, and not to include them in the gallery of thumbnails. And that is exactly what it is doing.

It uses the first 20 images only for the slider. There are no thumbnails for them. They are not part of the slideshow.
Merlin2504

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 18:21   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Unfortunately, Wi talk past each other.
I want to show my pictures galleries all images and use the slider at the same time. That works too.
But on the start page are only folders. Then I see it so, that in my case on the start page no slider can be applied. When I insert pictures for the slider on the start page, they will be displayed extra at the bottom. And if I set the hook, it affects all sides. And that is wrong. I would have a possibility on the start page (as formerly in the old version) the pictures only for the Slider use.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2019 18:40   in response to: Merlin2504 in response to: Merlin2504

There is no setting in this version of Photoblogger that will do that.

(Laza - it would help if Photoblogger could be told to use excluded images for the slider. Then you could add images at the top, folders-only level, exclude them, but use them for the slider. ETA: That would be tough to do, however. Probably needs some kind of other setting....)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums