This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jan-2019 12:54 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
hspagnolo

Facebook API
Posted: 18-Jan-2019 08:18

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Laza,

Seems that FB has changed the API policies and when the FB button is clicked, the image is not shared anymore.

Does this has to be solved individually or the code of the skin has to be changed by you?

The same also with Photoblogger.

Thanks and regards
Henri

Edited by: hspagnolo on 18-Jan-2019 08:19
Laza

Re: Facebook API
Posted: 18-Jan-2019 09:49   in response to: hspagnolo in response to: hspagnolo

This has changed 2 years ago after the American elections. They have removed the so-called "link customization" feature - which made it possible sharing individual images from a web application - in an attempt to "fight back newsfeed manipulations". (As they said) They promised to offer some alternative solution but they did not as far as I know. It's good for their business anyway - people don't spend much time on external sites and they will share photos through Facebook.
hspagnolo

Posted: 18-Jan-2019 10:54   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi Laza,

Thanks for the reply. I solve the problem, but damn, FB is really.... (no comment).
It was working normally yesterday, but today I have been forced into the FB tool to add an icon, the URL of confidentiality and if my site was with a pro usage.

Regards
Henri

Edited by: hspagnolo on 18-Jan-2019 10:54
Laza

Posted: 18-Jan-2019 12:54   in response to: hspagnolo in response to: hspagnolo

They gradually retiring their old API's, and link customization was removed in Facebook API v2.9, as far as I remember. So yeah it could have worked longer...
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums