This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Jan-2019 19:13 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Lobata

Music unable to restart at beginning of first song
Posted: 04-Jan-2019 06:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
With an album created using Jalbum 17.1.5 and Turtle skin 5.6.6 containing 4 folders, I am unable to restart the music to the first song. The generated html has been uploaded to a server. Accessing the generated index.html on Firefox 64.0 (64-bit) running on Windows 7 Home Premium, I've tried, CTRL-R to refresh the main page, closing out the tab, stopping Firefox, and clearing its cache, but somehow, the music is getting picked up from when the last time I had the site loaded. Is there a control, option, or trick to have the music to start at the beginning of the first song in the list?

And, I don't know if it is related, but I have several embedded videos, and have to restart the music when continuing on with JPEGs. Is there a way to have the music automatically restart after having been automatically paused to listen to the video audio?

And, somehow fussing trying many things, I lost the controls in the upper right hand corner audio box so that I couldn't pause or mute the music. I mention this for it may be a bug, or a clue to the other questions

Thanks.
jGromit

Re: Music unable to restart at beginning of first song
Posted: 04-Jan-2019 06:56   in response to: Lobata in response to: Lobata

This is a skin-specific question, so I'll move it to the Turtle forum section.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2019 07:18   in response to: Lobata in response to: Lobata

Lobata wrote:
Is there a control, option, or trick to have the music to start at the beginning of the first song in the list?

Two answers. First, if you don't have any folders in your album project, just uncheck Turtle > Audio and video > Background music > Retain play position.

But if you do have folders, and you want the music to pick up where it left off when you switch folders, you need that position retention. It's stored in a cookie, so cache-clearing won't reset it. Deleting the cookie will reset it. But it will also reset automatically after one hour, so the easiest thing to do is wait! :)

Is there a way to have the music automatically restart after having been automatically paused to listen to the video audio?

No. The skin knows when a video has been started, so it knows it should pause the music. But it does not know when the video is finished, so it doesn't know that it's OK to start the music again. All you can do is hit "play" again.

And, somehow fussing trying many things, I lost the controls in the upper right hand corner audio box so that I couldn't pause or mute the music.

I think this may be a file-locking problem. Close your browser, make the album again, then view it in the browser again. I think your controls will reappear. I've seen the same problem when tinkering.
Lobata

Posted: 04-Jan-2019 08:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

It seems that the skin developer would know that a jpg following a video has been requested for display, and at that time, to restart the audio (using a global variable if necessary).

When creating a slide show, I try to synchronize the music to the photos. The audio control box could have a control to restart to the beginning of the song list, not just to the beginning of the song. Or, maybe another Turtle option to restart the audio to the beginning of the song list when the thumbnails of the first folder are displayed. I would rather delete the cookie, but fear I would remove the license key. My wife doesn't like waiting. She would run it in another browser before waiting. Unfortunately, for my older relatives, replaying right away would result in a diminished user experience :(
Laza

Posted: 04-Jan-2019 13:25   in response to: Lobata in response to: Lobata

Didn't you try Tiger - Turtle's successor? That has more up-to-date audio player component, and should restart music upon the "video has ended" event too. The "Controlled by slideshow" option might interfere, because that starts/stops the music on slideshow start/stop.

Turtle's audio player is overlaid by Chrome's new policy towards auto-starting media files. Now it doesn't allow auto-starting when a visitor comes to a site the first time, and to call for the action it places a big play button over the player. Unfortunately this player was developed by a 3rd party team, and I can't modify it to work in the new Chrome.

The loop functionality (start over with the first song) supposed to work in both skins.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2019 14:18   in response to: Lobata in response to: Lobata

Lobata wrote:
I would rather delete the cookie, but fear I would remove the license key.

What license key?
jGromit

Posted: 04-Jan-2019 19:13   in response to: Lobata in response to: Lobata

Lobata wrote:
When creating a slide show, I try to synchronize the music to the photos.

This is always going to be a tall order. After all, what if the visitor pauses the music, but not the slideshow? Things will never sync again after that. Or what if a little network congestion slows the loading of the next slide image?

I think the only way to produce a truly coordinated show is to use a good video editing program to create a single MP4, consisting of your images and your background music. Then add the MP4 to an album project.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums