This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 16 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 3 Jan 19, 23:51 Last Post By: davidekholm
gepeto

Too many authetification failure
Posted: 26 Dec 18, 20:44

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment erreur001.jpg (21.7 KB)
Could you help me .
I tried to send directly a new album on my internet site but I made several mistakes and now I have this message " Too many authentification failure " .
Could you help me ?
Thanking you beforehand
JeffTucker

Re: Too many authetification failure
Posted: 26 Dec 18, 20:48   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

I think you will need to contact your web host. It looks as if they have turned off your access because of too many password failures. That's a standard security measure.
gepeto

Posted: 26 Dec 18, 20:52   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you for your reply . I will contact my web host and come back if unsuccesfull
gepeto

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 11:35   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

I come back after the reply of my web host . They recommend me to uninstall my JAlbum and re install the program . What do you think about this solution ? I understand from this reply that the problem in not from my web host but from JAlbum . In any case if you are able to help me it will be very useful for me . Thanking you beforehand for your help
davidekholm

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 11:53   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

gepeto wrote:
I come back after the reply of my web host . They recommend me to uninstall my JAlbum and re install the program . What do you think about this solution ? I understand from this reply that the problem in not from my web host but from JAlbum . In any case if you are able to help me it will be very useful for me . Thanking you beforehand for your help

Seems like a reply from an inexperienced support person. Uninstalling+reinstalling jAlbum doesn't solve this problem. It is an error message that's delivered from the server, but you can try lowering the number of simultaneous transfers/connections under Preferences->Publishing. Set it to 1 and try again. (It will lower the publishing speed but might help)
JeffTucker

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 13:57   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Sometimes these support people will tell you to spin around in your desk chair three times. They're truly clueless.

I found that with my host, if I went beyond about 5 simultaneous connections, I started getting weird errors (that was with FileZilla, not jAlbum). But it didn't show up as authentication failures - that's the kind of error that has "password problems" written all over it.
gepeto

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 10:19   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm, You write Preferences->Publishing. Set it to 1 and try again I tried this , unfortunately the reply is always the same !
RobM

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 12:03   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

Try using another ftp application, like FileZilla, if you still have problems go back to your ISP and tell them it is not jAlbum, if it works report it here.
gepeto

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 14:18   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM,
I dont have any problem to connect me through Filezilla ; the problem is only through JAlbum.
RobM

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 14:49   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

Try the bottom three suggestions here
gepeto

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 19:36   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Many thanks RobM.
But now it's begin just a little difficuly for my comprehension but I will try this .
RobM

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 19:46   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

If you would prefer a French language version of the upload page try this link - it is not part of the wiki but the information is taken from it and translated into French.
gepeto

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 20:22   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Many thanks for this.
In any case I dont find " the "manifest.jmf" file I am supposed to cancel.
RobM

Posted: 1 Jan 19, 20:34   in response to: gepeto in response to: gepeto

The three items I referred to are:
Change the Account type
If you have problems making a connection try a different account type - see above for how to do this.

Corruption of Account profile
On rare cases an account profile may stop working for no apparent reason. You may try to delete the existing profile and add it again.

Server configuration problems
Configuration for some servers through the GUI may fail for some reason. You may try to modify file .jalbum/accounts.xml with a text editor. Always close jAlbum before doing so.
davidekholm

Posted: 2 Jan 19, 20:51   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I'd be very interested in hearing what connection type you've set up in FileZilla if it works there. If you set up the same connection type in jAlbum then it should really work as well in jAlbum as in FileZilla. If not, let me know!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums