Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30 Nov 18, 16:39 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

How to get the number of images including web locations?
Posted: 30 Nov 18, 13:54

I have an album with 4 web locations and one folder.

I like to know the number of images ( normal images + videos + web locations) in this album excluding the folders.

I tried this:

CategoryCounters cc = JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder, false);
int nrofImages=  cc.getCount(Category.image) +  cc.getCount(Category.video) + cc.getCount(Category.webPage);

But this gives nrofimages=0

I get the correct value with this code:
<% nrofImages=0; %>
<ja:fileiterator start="0" ><ja:if exists="folder"> </ja:if>
<ja:else>
<% nrofImages ++; %>
</ja:else></ja:fileiterator>

This works: nrofimages=4

Global variable indexImageCount reports 5, so that includes the folder.

Why is the first code block not working?

In which category are web locations?

The documentation does not help me!

Edit:

Also the for me complicated API documentation does not help me:
countCategories(List<AlbumObject>, CategoryCounters, boolean) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities
For jAlbum use only
countCategories(AlbumObject) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities
Return an object holding the number of objects per category under this folder.
Usage examples:
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getCount(Category.image); // Get number of images in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getCount(Category.webPage); // Get number of web pages in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getTotalCount()); // Get total number of objects in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getFileCount()); // Get total number of files (not folders) in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(rootFolder, true); // Get total number of objects per category in album
countCategories(AlbumObject, boolean) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities

countCategories(AlbumObject, CategoryCounters, boolean) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities
Return an object holding the number of objects per category under this folder

Where is the explanation of the 2nd argument of the countCategories function?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 30-Nov-2018 14:03
RobM

Re: How to get the number of images including web locations?
Posted: 30 Nov 18, 14:19   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:

The documentation does not help me!
Little wonder, as it is the wrong page to look at - category counters are not variables. The developer documentation has examples, as you very well know given your statement ‘have 12 years experience with jAlbum and did develop 4 skins, so I know what I am doing.’
Edit:
Also the for me complicated API documentation does not help me:
countCategories(List<AlbumObject>, CategoryCounters, boolean) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities
For jAlbum use only
countCategories(AlbumObject) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities
Return an object holding the number of objects per category under this folder.
Usage examples:
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getCount(Category.image); // Get number of images in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getCount(Category.webPage); // Get number of web pages in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getTotalCount()); // Get total number of objects in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder).getFileCount()); // Get total number of files (not folders) in current folder
JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(rootFolder, true); // Get total number of objects per category in album
countCategories(AlbumObject, boolean) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities

countCategories(AlbumObject, CategoryCounters, boolean) - Static method in class se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumUtilities
Return an object holding the number of objects per category under this folder

Where is the explanation of the 2nd argument of the countCategories function?

It is there, in your question, as well as in the developer documentation.
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 14:53   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
It is there, in your question, as well as in the developer documentation.
2x bullshit and you did not answer my question.

So if your only goal is to damage me, your better keep your mouth!
davidekholm

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 14:57   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

davidekholm

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 14:59   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Helpful
Try doing a <% System.out.println(cc) %> to get an overview of all counters printed to the system console.
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Drop that ", false" part, it excludes sub folders.
Well I did what you adviced:
CategoryCounters cc = JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder);
int totalFolders = cc.getCount(Category.folder);
int nrofImages=  cc.getCount(Category.image) +  cc.getCount(Category.video) + cc.getCount(Category.webPage);

but that does not work, I get nrofImages=20, this inclkudes the nr of images in a subfolder and that is not what I want.
davidekholm

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:32   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Ok. If you don't want sub folders included, then you need to specify ", false" too. If you're saying it doesn't sum the objects correctly, please zip a minimal project demonstrating this and attach it here.
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:33   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Try doing a <% System.out.println(cc) %> to get an overview of all counters printed to the system console.
This shows that there is a category weblocation, which is not indicated in the documenmtation !!
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

These are the correct answers:
CategoryCounters cc = JAlbumUtilities.countCategories(currentFolder,false);
int totalFolders = cc.getCount(Category.folder);
int nrofImages=  cc.getCount(Category.image) +  cc.getCount(Category.video) + cc.getCount(Category.webLocation);

or
int nrofImages=  indexImageCount - totalFolders

Thanks for your help!
JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
This shows that there is a category weblocation, which is not indicated in the documenmtation !!

It's not a variable. It's a method.

http://jalbum.net/api/se/datadosen/jalbum/CategoryCounters.html#getCount-se.datadosen.jalbum.Category-

http://jalbum.net/api/se/datadosen/jalbum/Category.html
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:53   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:

http://jalbum.net/api/se/datadosen/jalbum/CategoryCounters.html#getCount-se.datadosen.jalbum.Category-

http://jalbum.net/api/se/datadosen/jalbum/Category.html
jGromit wrote:

AndreWolff wrote:

Another guy who only like to damage me:

Look in documentation it says:

fileCategory Category. Possible values are image, folder, video, audio, webPage, other of type Category

where is webLocation?

JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 15:56   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It's a wiki. If you find information that's out of date, as this tidbit is, then fix it, and stop whining about it. The API is the official source - everything else is user-created by volunteers in their spare time.

Lord, this is like dealing with a particularly unpleasant 9-year-old.
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 16:32   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
It's a wiki. If you find information that's out of date, as this tidbit is, then fix it, and stop whining about it. The API is the official source - everything else is user-created by volunteers in their spare time
I can’t fix iT, because I have no permission and I don’t want to correct iT, because English is not my natural language.
So I just indicates the documentaties errors, but the volunteered documentation writer sees this as an insult.

In the API, the official source, is no category webLocation geven in the examples.
RobM

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 16:32   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
It's a wiki. If you find information that's out of date, as this tidbit is, then fix it, and stop whining about it. The API is the official source - everything else is user-created by volunteers in their spare time.
Since this was a scripting question the correct page to look at for this is in Developer centre, Manuals, Scripting: Sample scripts
JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Nov 18, 16:39   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Attachment ss004815.png (36.1 KB)
AndreWolff wrote:
In the API, the official source, is no category webLocation geven in the examples.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums