This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 18 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 16 Jul 20, 00:43 Last Post By: JeffTucker
JerryM

Re: HUGE security leak ! (automatic albums publishing in jalbum.net/user)
Posted: 18 Jan 19, 00:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Click to reply to this thread Reply
"In the application, I'd like to see two simple checkboxes under Tools, Preferences, Publishing - one labeled, Add to profile page, and the other, Make visible on profile page."

Yes, jG !
I was talking about prefs per album, but there is also need for such general preferences. And Tools/Prefs/Pub is logical place to put it. :)
JerryM

Posted: 18 Jan 19, 00:02   in response to: JerryM in response to: JerryM

"Well worth thinking of."

Thank You David !
JeffTucker

Posted: 8 Apr 20, 19:40   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
I've always thought these options were buried a bit deep, particularly the ones that you can access only during the upload process.
In the application, I'd like to see two simple checkboxes under Tools, Preferences, Publishing - one labeled, Add to profile page, and the other, Make visible on profile page. As preferences, these would apply to all albums you upload. I think that would take care of it for most users. Obviously, you'd have to be logged in to the application when you do the upload for those options to have any effect.

For per-album variations, perhaps something similar, maybe under Advanced > General?

Then, of course, remove the "privacy" options from the upload routine. Otherwise, you've got two different routines trying to modify the same things.

This would probably require some rethinking on the question of profile page listing when the albums are hosted on jalbum.net. That's semi-automatic now. Maybe it shouldn't be.

This is another one that I'd like to see addressed. For my own use of jAlbum, not an issue, but every time a user posts about having problems with this, I actually have to go hunting for where, exactly, these things get set. Some of the critical settings aren't visible at all until you're in the middle of doing an upload. Very obscure.
JeffTucker

Posted: 16 Jul 20, 00:43   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

This feature request is clearly never going to be implemented. I will delete this thread on Aug. 15, 2020.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums