System: Windows 10, JA 17, skin FotoSlides 1.0
I want to change some albums from thumbs 100 / slides 1024 to 160 / 2000. With some albums this works without problems. For (so far only) one, however, only the thumbs are converted, but not the slides, which are still in the old size in the slides folder. I changed the settings manually and by importing the settings of working albums. In .jalbum/albumfiles.txt are the correct target paths.
What to do ?
No change! I renamed the old slides folder and created the new one. But it contains exactly the same file sizes. Already the creation of the album is very fast, much faster than normal. As a reminder: I had changed another album in between as a test. As I said, that worked without a problem.
That's what I did. Now again after deleting all slides folder. Same procedure ... See attached screen shot: The slides are newly produced, but in the same small size. Only the first slides are old, although the originals aren't small.
You're right - in a very special way. The album is so to speak self-referenced: While with "working" albums the large original file appears as the source file, a file under My Albums is referenced here. The albums that don't work have subfolders (e.g. for individual travel sections). There the processed slides are not only under album/subfolder/slides, but also in the folder "subfolder", which otherwise only contains the folder .jalbum. Complicated, therefore see screenshot.
Now I deleted the superfluous slides and recreated the album with "Create all". Result: One subfolder is changed correctly, the other two are uploaded empty, although the folders "slides" still contain the old (small) files.
Solution maybe to find here: In these two subfolders there is no folder under albumfiles.txt which is referred to, see screenshot.
I never intervened in the folder structure of My Albums, so I can't explain it. Do you have an idea for a repair?
Thanks for your patience - I need it too!
The simple answer is that when you add images to an album project, always add the full-sized, unprocessed originals. Don't ever add an image that's already been scaled down, and is sitting in a finished album.
I'm sorry, but I don't think there's any easy way to untangle the mess you have created. You need to delete the problem folders from the album project, create them again (click the "new folder" icon in the jAlbum Explore window), open the newly-created folder by double-clicking on it, then add the images you want to use from their original sources.
Hello jGromit, it's now clear to me that I have to rebuild the album. But your answer makes it a bit too easy. I've set up a few dozen albums and I know how to do it. That's why I know what I should have done to make your idea of the cause conceivable:
- Create album
- copy slides from two of three folders and paste them into the wrong folder
- Create album again with reference to the slides I didn't know before in the wrong folder.
A bug may exceed your imagination - this procedure exceeds mine.
Let's leave it at that.