This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 26 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 03-Nov-2018 12:48 Last Post By: Roadhouse Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Roadhouse

An error
Posted: 31-Oct-2018 23:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment error2.JPG (79.7 KB)
Attachment error.JPG (111.3 KB)
Hi.

I have searched the forums for an answer, but didn't find any match.

When I try to Make Album, I get the error seen on error.jpg and it doesn't matter which skin I'm using.

When I look at the properties on the video files, nothing seems wrong - and I have tried to move them to another location to see if this made any difference, but i didn't.

I use jAlbum ver. 17, installed today - and the video settings is the default in the skin(s).

Any suggestions?

Have a nice eve...., sorry, night :-)

Kind regards

Frank

PS. I find it extremely difficult to find the option to make jAlbums menus back to English, I've searched high and low, but gave up - I wanted screendumps to you to be in english instead of danish.
RobM

Re: An error
Posted: 31-Oct-2018 23:14   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

Roadhouse wrote:
When I try to Make Album, I get the error seen on error.jpg and it doesn't matter which skin I'm using.

When I look at the properties on the video files, nothing seems wrong - and I have tried to move them to another location to see if this made any difference, but i didn't.

I use jAlbum ver. 17, installed today - and the video settings is the default in the skin(s).

Any suggestions?

It looks like a permission problem when trying to write to the slides folder, try creating a new project and adding a couple of those videos to it.

PS. I find it extremely difficult to find the option to make jAlbums menus back to English, I've searched high and low, but gave up - I wanted screendumps to you to be in english instead of danish.
See 'Language' on this page
Roadhouse

Posted: 31-Oct-2018 23:42   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks Rob - I'll look into it tomorrow ... now I'm going to bed .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;-)
jGromit

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 02:01   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

Two things that might help track down the problem....

Please attach your project file - jalbum-settings.jap.

Upload one of the original videos to a server, and give us a link so we can download it. That way, we can see if there's anything unusual about the original videos.
Roadhouse

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 07:14   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Hi.

It did not make a difference - the hint from Rob. And I tried to give 'User' full acces in the toplevel folder where all jAlbum files are stored, and removed the Write protected marking, but that didn't help either.

When I tried to make the album last evening, I had not made any changes in the settings at all, the jAlbum installation is default. The only change since my last album creation is the update to ver. 17.

Is it possible to send the link to the videoes by mail or in another way as I don't want to share them with all of the jAlbum community ;-)

Kind regards

Frank
MarkusD

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 07:49   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

Roadhouse wrote:
Is it possible to send the link to the videoes by mail or in another way as I don't want to share them with all of the jAlbum community ;-)
Yes, you can write anyone in this forum a private message also:

See: Link
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 12:37   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

Roadhouse wrote:
When I tried to make the album last evening, I had not made any changes in the settings at all, the jAlbum installation is default. The only change since my last album creation is the update to ver. 17.
I don’t see anything wrong with the .jap settings file.

A long shot is that you could try updating ffmpeg if you haven’t already done so, if interested in doing this see this bottom of this wiki page.
Roadhouse

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 13:09   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hi Rob.

That's odd! I've made several albums with video files over time, and all off them is in .mp4 format (filmed with my smartphone) - and again, have not made any change at all to my jAlbum installation! I have installed Bitdefender and - as mentioned - jAlbum 17 in the last many months, and that is that. OK, there's also the updates Microsoft forces upon me against my wish, but .....

I will uninstall jAlbum, restart my computer and then install jAlbum in a different path and see if that changes anything.

I'll be back

PS. I downloaded the ffmpeg, but I simply don't know what to do with it! And as I have no problems viewing/opening/saving .mp4 files anywhere else, I'll wait with that.
Roadhouse

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 14:05   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

As I expected, this didn't help as it is not he software itself, but something where the album is stored.

And then I did something else for test purpose!

1. I made a copy of an already published album, and saved it on my desktop.
2. Then I opened the album (from within jA from it's original path in the documents/my album path) which contains .mp4 files that was made months ago without problems.
3. I pushed Make Album and it worked fine.
4. I then removed a video and pushed Make Album, and no error appeared.
5. I then added the same video (+from my photoshare on my network, so it is 'fresh' as far as jAlbum goes+) and pushed Make Album ... and then the error popped up again!
6. I then copied back the album I copied to the desktop, and chose Yes to overwrite.
7. I then opened it via jA again, pushed Make Album ... and no error at all!
8. I then added a video to this old, published album ... and the error came instantly when I pushed Make Album!

Edited by: Roadhouse on 01-Nov-2018 14:42
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 15:09   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

I just downloaded VID_20181025_152650.mp4 and added it to the 'Sample Portfolio' and it built without errors using jAlbum 17, on Mac OS.

The instructions for updating ffmpeg are here. I'm using ffmpeg verion N-91072-gcae004cabb-tessus.
You can check the fumes version by opening a terminal window and dragging the ffmpeg executable file to it and then press enter.
jGromit

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 15:11   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

I fear that we're running out of good ideas about things to try.

But I would make one more attempt at a truly clean test. First, remove jAlbum completely, and reinstall it. Don't skip any of the steps!

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=35746

Then launch jAlbum and choose the Minimal skin (to keep things as simple as possible). Add a JPG and give the project a name. Then add one of the attached videos, and Make Album. Then add the second attached video, and Make Album again.

Still get the error? If so, there's something wrong with your Windows permissions. I've seen something like this before, when I suddenly couldn't write files to my Pictures directory. Eventually I found that Owner did not have any permissions on that directory. In fact, Owner wasn't even in the list - only System and Administrators. I never did figure out how that happened.
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 15:20   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Just deleting the ffmpeg binary and making the album again downloads the version of ffmpeg that jAlbum now uses for completely new installations. The version is: 3.0 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers built with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.11.00).

The album builds without any problems with that version of fame too.
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 15:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I fear that we're running out of good ideas about things to try.

Still get the error? If so, there's something wrong with your Windows permissions. I've seen something like this before, when I suddenly couldn't write files to my Pictures directory. Eventually I found that Owner did not have any permissions on that directory. In fact, Owner wasn't even in the list - only System and Administrators. I never did figure out how that happened.
Yes, the error message did indicate a permission issue, and I can't get any error with those videos with various versions of ffmpeg.
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2018 20:46   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

There may be an underlying issue as another user is having issues with access permissions, see http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=54591&tstart=0
Roadhouse

Posted: 02-Nov-2018 00:27   in response to: Roadhouse in response to: Roadhouse

Yesterday I changed permissions so the My Album folder is wide open for everyone - and that did not change anything!

I'll look into it tomorrow and follow your advice(s) - goodnight .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums