This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Oct-2018 17:14 Last Post By: brango Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
brango

Album generation
Posted: 28-Oct-2018 22:06

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My album contains 6000+ items. Each time I add new items, I let to generate only the new items. Despite of this, it seems that the album is generated from scratch, and it takes some time. Do I have an error in my configuration, or is it something else?
jGromit

Re: Album generation
Posted: 28-Oct-2018 22:49   in response to: brango in response to: brango

When you say that the album is being regenerated from scratch, do you mean that all of the slide images are actually regenerated? Look at the time stamps on the output files. Some things have to be regenerated, even if you are adding only a single image - the index.html page on which that image appears, the JSON files (if the skin you're using requires them), sometimes the slide pages (if the skin you're using requires them, and if they have things like a thumbstrip), and so on. But the big time-takers - processing images and videos - should not happen every time.

And of course, do not choose Make All, which tells jAlbum to do exactly that, make everything from scratch, including all the image files. Just click Make Album.
brango

Re: Album generation
Posted: 29-Oct-2018 17:14   in response to: brango in response to: brango

You're right, according to the timestamps only the new images are generated. It seems that reading image info is slow, I have to search for the reason.
Thanks for your answer.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums