This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Oct-2018 13:52 Last Post By: jGromit
purban

remove frames
Posted: 20-Oct-2018 08:41

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Everybody!

On my website

http://www.peterurban.at

the navigation bar on the left side is in a frame, frames are depreciated
I want to make an update of the site without frames

I use the skin Tiger

how can I make a navigation bar with Jalbum that looks similar to the current one?
Is there a manual?

Asking,
Peter

Edited by: jGromit on 20-Oct-2018 07:41, to make link clickable
AndreWolff

Re: remove frames
Posted: 20-Oct-2018 12:14   in response to: purban in response to: purban

A menu on the left side is difficult for most skins I think, but a menu at the top is easy, see this FancyBox example album.
jGromit

Re: remove frames
Posted: 20-Oct-2018 13:52   in response to: purban in response to: purban

purban wrote:
how can I make a navigation bar with Jalbum that looks similar to the current one?

This is the problem. You want to make a new page that looks like the old one, but that's not possible with most jAlbum skins. Laza has a new skin in beta testing that includes a folder menu on the left, which might work.

But even most commercial sites are no longer using vertical menus, and it's because of mobile devices. On a phone, that kind of menu is often a disaster. It takes up too much space, can't adapt to the size of the display, and so on.

Looking at your site, I think I would redesign it as an "album of albums," and forget about the text menu on the side. Look at one of my skin demo pages, for example, like https://jgromit.com/gromit/index.html. There are nine albums there - the top level is an "album of albums," created with jAlbum. It works on a display of almost any size, and is HTML5 compliant. Each of the nine albums has a link back to the home page.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums