Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 112 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] - Last Post: 25-Oct-2018 15:52 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 22-Oct-2018 19:37   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
  • Review mode now always opens on same screen as jAlbum operates on
Nice, by showing on each monitor part of the Explorer window, it makes it possible to see the review window on my left monitor and the explorer window on my right monitor.
If I open the review mode for another image, I get both on my left and right monitor a Review window!

I can read now the thumbnail file names and I see a close button in the middle of the top row. But the hint of that buttons says: 'Quit slide show (ESC key)'. Should that not be changed into: 'Quit Review mode (ESC key)'?
I think a close icon in the upper right corner was a better choice!

If I display two or more images, the close button is again missing.

Clicking F1 gives no reaction.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 22-Oct-2018 19:38

These problems have not been solved:

The problem A newly opened project is not highlighted in the Recent projects list has not been solved in this version.

The problem jAlbum 14+ not reading some EXIF fields correctly is also not solved in this version.

The problem jAlbum reports the wrong image height / width for Link to originals is not solved in this version.

The Multiple include bug is not solved in this version.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 22-Oct-2018 19:41

Edited by: AndreWolff on 22-Oct-2018 19:47

Edited by: AndreWolff on 22-Oct-2018 19:50

Edited by: AndreWolff on 22-Oct-2018 19:53
RobM

Posted: 22-Oct-2018 20:45   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
There is still an issue with the heart icon not being cleared when another image is selected as the new folder thumbnail image, obviously only when two or more images are being reviewed.
jGromit

Posted: 22-Oct-2018 21:19   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
...I've added F1 to open your new Review mode help page.

Works on the Mac, but not in Win10.
davidekholm

Posted: 22-Oct-2018 22:01   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

I can read now the thumbnail file names and I see a close button in the middle of the top row. But the hint of that buttons says: 'Quit slide show (ESC key)'. Should that not be changed into: 'Quit Review mode (ESC key)'?
I think a close icon in the upper right corner was a better choice!

I agree. It's more logical. Right now it's in line with how it looks in Edit mode.

If I display two or more images, the close button is again missing.

Yes, you have to go to one image first. I don't want to put close buttons all over the place if you have multiple images present.

Clicking F1 gives no reaction.
Did you get the latest jalbum-core.jar file?

These problems have not been solved:

The problem jAlbum 14+ not reading some EXIF fields correctly is also not solved in this version.

I find it utterly provoking that you keep banging on that one. I've told you multiple times it's in the hands of the makers of metadata-extractor. Every time you ask me to fix it, I have to spend a good number of brain cycle just to realize "ah, it's that thing I have no control over"

The Multiple include bug is not solved in this version.

Please don't re-report problems no one else here have been able to reproduce. It's naturally not that I don't believe you, but we can't really move forward with problems we can't even reproduce.
davidekholm

Posted: 22-Oct-2018 22:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Now fixed. I also improved image preloading a bit when navigating using the navigation buttons.
jGromit

Posted: 22-Oct-2018 22:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Now fixed.

Yes, now OK.
RobM

Posted: 22-Oct-2018 22:34   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Keyboard shortcuts are still not disabled on multiple images, using F to T with there or five images gives an Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
mrag

Posted: 23-Oct-2018 04:21   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
The version I down loaded appears to have 9 skins including Fully. Fully's skin page says the skin hasn't been updated in over 2 years. Do you review which skins you are including?

Same comment for Responsive.

Where is Mr. Twist when he's needed? ;-)
davidekholm

Posted: 23-Oct-2018 23:34   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
mrag wrote:
The version I down loaded appears to have 9 skins including Fully. Fully's skin page says the skin hasn't been updated in over 2 years. Do you review which skins you are including?

Same comment for Responsive.

Where is Mr. Twist when he's needed? ;-)

Yes, it's soon time for a review on those skins.
davidekholm

Posted: 23-Oct-2018 23:44   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Ok, I actually did a larger rewrite of the keyboard and focus management. It disturbed me that hitting the rating keys 0-5 or "-" key would affect all closeup images instead of only affecting the image you currently hover the mouse over. Now, the closeup images are once again focusable (like in the first betas). We paint the focused closeup image's control buttons fully, but use a faded paint for the control buttons of non-focused closeups so you're able to compare, for instance what rating you've given to several images at once. If you bring up the thumbnail panel, then it grabs focus instead. Now rating and exclusion behaves just like in Explore view, i.e. all selected thumbnails are affected by hitting keys 0-5 and "-".

Just grab the latest jalbum-core.jar file to test.
RobM

Posted: 23-Oct-2018 23:56   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Ok, I actually did a larger rewrite of the keyboard and focus management. It disturbed me that hitting the rating keys 0-5 or "-" key would affect all closeup images instead of only affecting the image you currently hover the mouse over. Now, the closeup images are once again focusable (like in the first betas). We paint the focused closeup image's control buttons fully, but use a faded paint for the control buttons of non-focused closeups so you're able to compare, for instance what rating you've given to several images at once. If you bring up the thumbnail panel, then it grabs focus instead. Now rating and exclusion behaves just like in Explore view, i.e. all selected thumbnails are affected by hitting keys 0-5 and "-".

Just grab the latest jalbum-core.jar file to test.

Much better, the T and F keys are now disabled regardless of the number of images shown.
One bug left is clicking on the heart icon does not remove it from the previously set folder thumbnail, and worse if you change your mind you can have three or more images with the heart icon active. To update it you need to toggle the thumbnail visibility.
jGromit

Posted: 23-Oct-2018 23:58   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Yes, it's soon time for a review on those skins.

Even Base is looking pretty old - it's less responsive than Minimal, and Minimal uses only simple width responsiveness.

I've always thought that, of the true orphan skins, Fully and Responsive were the most deserving of adoption by someone - someone other than me, I hasten to add. They're very different from the rest of the skins, and that's a good thing.
RobM

Posted: 24-Oct-2018 00:00   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Also the 6 to 9 keys are now active again, though there is no keyboard shortcut to select no label now.
RobM

Posted: 24-Oct-2018 00:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
If you bring up the thumbnail panel, then it grabs focus instead. Now rating and exclusion behaves just like in Explore view, i.e. all selected thumbnails are affected by hitting keys 0-5 and "-".
What about 6 to 9, they work on the focused image but not when the thumbnail bar is shown.
mrag

Posted: 24-Oct-2018 01:30   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I've always thought that, of the true orphan skins, Fully and Responsive were the most deserving of adoption by someone - someone other than me

Is it time for me to nominate Rob? And I do that fully knowing it jeopardizes the continued development of that super skin ShowLite.

Maybe it's time to include an "independent Skin" or two like Gromit " as an example of what jAlbum users have contributed, flexibility, etc and what is available.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums