Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 112 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 25-Oct-2018 15:52 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 19-Oct-2018 21:42   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
On smaller monitors with several images being previewed the icons start to overlap, e.g. the 'heart' icon is under the fifth 'star' icon.
RobM

Posted: 19-Oct-2018 22:38   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Can you confirm that the 'slide show' option has been removed for good?
RobM

Posted: 19-Oct-2018 23:00   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Rewritten Review mode

More than I can ever hope to remember. I hope RobM is already working on the wiki, because we're going to need it!

I've made the beta version manual content visible, though given some of the issues over some keyboard shortcuts it may need updating to add them back if they are to be supported. Points awarded to the first to find the new review details ;)
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 11:53   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

Yes, it's now a review mode. I might add a slide show for the future, but this functionality's main use is really as a review mode.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 11:57   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
On smaller monitors with several images being previewed the icons start to overlap, e.g. the 'heart' icon is under the fifth 'star' icon.

Beta now updated to max 6 simultaneous images. I hope that's enough.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 11:58   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Please let me know if this beta breaks anything.
Try to rename a file in Explore-Mode and hit the space key, you'll find your self in Review-Mode. ;-)

Can't reproduce in current beta. Please get the latest jar file from http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar
MarkusD

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 13:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Try to rename a file in Explore-Mode and hit the space key, you'll find your self in Review-Mode. ;-)

Can't reproduce in current beta. Please get the latest jar file from http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar

I did load the file and put it under "C:\Program Files\jAlbum\lib".

I still have the same behaviour. Maybe I'm doing things wrong.

Look here for a video.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 13:28   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:

Yes, it's now a review mode. I might add a slide show for the future, but this functionality's main use is really as a review mode.

I always thought the slide mode was strange, anyway. If you want to produce a slideshow, use a skin that produces a slideshow, and watch it. The album creator wouldn't be likely to want to watch an automated slideshow within the application.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 13:32   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Yes, I see the same thing. David, add an image called mydog.jpg. Tell Explore to show you the file name. Click under the thumbnail, and try to change the file name to

My Dog.jpg.

The spacebar triggers Review mode.
MarkusD

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 13:33   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
The album creator wouldn't be likely to want to watch an automated slideshow within the application.
I agree with that, I never used the integrated slideshow .
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 17:21   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

But as you can see in MyMetaData screenshot, there does not exist a check-mark 'Include metadata in generated pages'.

See Preferences. This is a setting that applies to originals. It's therefore under Preferences.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 17:27   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
See Preferences. This is a setting that applies to originals. It's therefore under Preferences.
?? I can't find such a setting under Tools / Preferences

But never mind, are my settings incorrect to change my location settings?
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 17:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:

Yes, I see the same thing. David, add an image called mydog.jpg. Tell Explore to show you the file name. Click under the thumbnail, and try to change the file name to

My Dog.jpg.

The spacebar triggers Review mode.

Ah, I missed the "Explore view" part. Now fixed.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 17:44   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
?? I can't find such a setting under Tools / Preferences

AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 17:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
OK, but that was set in my tests, so why is is Location / geotagging not working?

Note that the manual says 'Include metadata in generated pages'. not 'Include xmp metadata in generated pages'.

Note also that the Advanced /Metadata tab contains also a check-mark ‘Include xmp metadata in generated pages'.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 20-Oct-2018 17:51
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums