Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.



Permlink Replies: 112 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] - Last Post: 25-Oct-2018 15:52 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Posts: 3,105
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 24-Oct-2018 21:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
One more odd thing, if I edit an image and apply an effect, say grey (scale) the thumbnail shows as grey but the preview image does not.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,583
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 24-Oct-2018 22:36   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
One more odd thing, if I edit an image and apply an effect, say grey (scale) the thumbnail shows as grey but the preview image does not.

True. This has been the case with the review mode since day 1: It doesn't apply any filters, but I plan on allowing users to toggle between filtered and unfiltered versions. Some filters really suck on performance and memory use. That's a reason to first rewrite them before allowing them to operate on full sized images.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,583
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 25-Oct-2018 09:54   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Would a keyboard shortcut to toggle the visibility of the thumbnail bar be of use, maybe Shift or CMD/CNTRL + T?

Is it hard to simply move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen?
AndreWolff

Posts: 1,747
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 25-Oct-2018 09:56   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Is it hard to simply move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen?
No!

Nobody remembers all these keyboard shortcuts!
RobM

Posts: 3,105
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 25-Oct-2018 10:07   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
Would a keyboard shortcut to toggle the visibility of the thumbnail bar be of use, maybe Shift or CMD/CNTRL + T?

Is it hard to simply move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen?

No, but I was thinking of those who like to use the keyboard rather than the mouse; for example when using the arrow keys to navigate through a large number of thumbnails, you have to use the mouse to make the thumbnails visible.

Personally I’m not bothered one way or another, but I would expect there are keyboard power users out there who would value it.
MarkusD

Posts: 472
Registered: 13-Apr-2006
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 25-Oct-2018 10:12   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
Would a keyboard shortcut to toggle the visibility of the thumbnail bar be of use, maybe Shift or CMD/CNTRL + T?

Is it hard to simply move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen?

No, but I was thinking of those who like to use the keyboard rather than the mouse; for example when using the arrow keys to navigate through a large number of thumbnails, you have to use the mouse to make the thumbnails visible.

Personally I’m not bothered one way or another, but I would expect there are keyboard power users out there who would value it.

I always like applications where it is possible to use shortcuts. And, having shortcuts doesn't "hurt" users who don't want to use the. I would like to see shortcuts for this new function.
RobM

Posts: 3,105
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 25-Oct-2018 10:17   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Is it hard to simply move the mouse down to the bottom of the screen?
No!

Nobody remembers all these keyboard shortcuts!

You may think you are omniscient but you are not, such arrogance is tiresome. These days you don’t need to remember all of the keyboard shortcuts to use them as there are applications that provide that information as needed.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,583
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 25-Oct-2018 15:52   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
I always like applications where it is possible to use shortcuts. And, having shortcuts doesn't "hurt" users who don't want to use the. I would like to see shortcuts for this new function.

I intend to add a keyboard shortcut to toggle the thumbnail bar, but it might have to wait until after the v17 release.

Major news:
Since Java has already moved to Java 11 during jAlbum 17 development and Java 10 and 9 has already been deprecated, I've adapted jAlbum 17 to run on Java 11 on all platforms. This will require more testing so I've created a new thread for jAlbum 17 release candidate. I hereby close this thread. Please test jAlbum 17:s behavior on Java 11 on your platform.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums