Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 135 - Pages: 10 [ Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] - Last Post: 19-Oct-2018 00:38 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: jAlbum 16.3 beta for testing
Posted: 04-Oct-2018 15:43   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
Thumbnail quality was also an issue back when thumbnail sizes were routinely smaller, like 90x90px. These days, no one is using thumbnails that small.
Incorrect, I use a size 111x80, which is a perfect size for my iPhone 5, see this small thumbs album, you see at least 9 thumbnails simultaneously on an iPhone 5.
Most newer, responsive skins default to 160x160 or higher, where the image quality is less of a problem.
Much too large for an iPhone, see this large thumbs album, you see at most 3 thumbnails simultaneously on an iPhone 5.

It would be perfect if jAlbum could on request produce multiple slide and image sizes, so that I could use a small size for a small screen and a large size for a large screen.
I did request this in the past, but it has never been implemented!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 04-Oct-2018 15:45
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 15:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Incorrect, I use a size 111x80....

So use HiDPI thumbnails. All the quality you need.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 15:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
So use HiDPI thumbnails. All the quality you need.
I do use HiDPI thumbnails in those 2 albums.
But your statement that the default thumb dimension should be 160x160 or larger is incorrect as long as jAlbum can not deliver more as one set of thumbnails.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 15:52   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
It would be perfect if jAlbum could on request produce multiple slide and image sizes, so that I could use a small size for a small screen and a large size for a large screen.

So code your skin to do that. It's not difficult. That's how I generate large thumbnails for folders. And if you just want to display smaller slides or thumbnails on a small screen, use simple CSS media queries and show the slides or thumbnails with smaller dimensions - there's no need for a completely separate set of images.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 15:54   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

OK, so like I said, there's no need for the Show thumbnails with high JPEG compression quality setting.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 15:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:

OK, so like I said, there's no need for the Show thumbnails with high JPEG compression quality setting.

I agree with you on this point, I did even not know that such a dsetting did exist!
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 16:01   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
I agree with you on this point, I did even not know that such a dsetting did exist!

So maybe you should have looked at it before posting a lot of nonsense.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 16:03   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
So code your skin to do that. It's not difficult. That's how I generate large thumbnails for folders. And if you just want to display smaller slides or thumbnails on a small screen, use simple CSS media queries and show the slides or thumbnails with smaller dimensions
Well please show me the code how I could do that with a Justified-Gallery of thumbnails!
- there's no need for a completely separate set of images.
Yes there is, because if you scale down large images, the loading times are higher as needed.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 16:07   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:

So maybe you should have looked at it before posting a lot of nonsense.

I did react only because of your nonsense statement:

jGromit wrote:
Thumbnail quality was also an issue back when thumbnail sizes were routinely smaller, like 90x90px. These days, no one is using thumbnails that small. Most newer, responsive skins default to 160x160 or higher, where the image quality is less of a problem.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 16:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Well please show me the code how I could do that with a Justified-Gallery of thumbnails!

Apparently you haven't taken the time to look at the options that are already built into the JustifiedGallery script. But I'm not going to spend my time spoon-feeding you things that you're too lazy to look up yourself.

Yes there is, because if you scale down large images, the loading times are higher as needed.

Rapidly becoming a non-issue. One of my houseguests this past weekend doesn't even bother with WiFi on his laptop any more. He just uses the cellphone network. The speed is virtually the same.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 16:14   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
I did react only because of your nonsense statement:

Your tiny thumbnails look like crap on a normal-sized monitor. You shouldn't be using them. You should be using larger thumbnails, and showing them at a smaller size if you want to make use of the limited space on a phone.

Enough. Stop now, or I'm going to shut you down.
MarkusD

Posted: 04-Oct-2018 18:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Hi. I've made another beta update, this time reworked jAlbum's review mode. It now allows you to both zoom into images and to compare two images side by side. Try double clicking to quickly zoom in/out max.
Comparing images looks quite interesting. But it's only possible to compare a picture with the direct predecessor and direct successor. Comparing picture 9 with picture 1 or picture 20 (for example) should also be possible to make this function more flexible. Just my thought.
davidekholm

Posted: 05-Oct-2018 09:26   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Hi. I've made another beta update, this time reworked jAlbum's review mode. It now allows you to both zoom into images and to compare two images side by side. Try double clicking to quickly zoom in/out max.
Comparing images looks quite interesting. But it's only possible to compare a picture with the direct predecessor and direct successor. Comparing picture 9 with picture 1 or picture 20 (for example) should also be possible to make this function more flexible. Just my thought.

I think it's a good thought. Currently I spent some work on synchronizing the navigation, but it's more intuitive and flexible to keep these two panels as two separate views that are independent of each other. Furthermore, if the user selects two objects in Explore view and fires up review mode (Space is shortcut) then I think those two selected imges should be shown at the same time.
RobM

Posted: 05-Oct-2018 21:01   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
The new preview has a minor oddity when viewing two images. If you have the left panel active and navigate to the last image, then both panels show the same image. If you have the right panel active and navigate to the last image and then back to the first image the same image is not shown in both panels, in either event.
RobM

Posted: 05-Oct-2018 21:03   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Bug with new preview when the current explore view has a template page like About or Contact (with the rest being in subfolders).

Error
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error processing null
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.getBasicImageInfo(FileFilters.java:510)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getImageInfo(AlbumObjectImpl.java:258)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getSize(AlbumObjectImpl.java:265)
	at net.jalbum.slideshow.JSlideShowPanel.showImage(JSlideShowPanel.java:269)
	at net.jalbum.slideshow.BasicSlideShow.lambda$showImages$1(BasicSlideShow.java:94)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at net.jalbum.slideshow.BasicSlideShow.showImages(BasicSlideShow.java:94)
	at net.jalbum.slideshow.BasicSlideShow.<init>(BasicSlideShow.java:66)
	at net.jalbum.slideshow.SlideShowFactory.createSlideShow(SlideShowFactory.java:29)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JAlbumExplorer.startSlideshow(JAlbumExplorer.java:3860)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JAlbumExplorer$61.actionPerformed(JAlbumExplorer.java:1792)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/com.apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$600(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at se.datadosen.util.IO.extensionOf(IO.java:843)
	at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.getBasicImageInfo(FileFilters.java:463)
	... 46 more

Edited by: RobM on 05-Oct-2018 20:09
Changed the cause from image to template page
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums