Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 135 - Pages: 10 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] - Last Post: 19-Oct-2018 00:38 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: jAlbum 16.3 beta for testing
Posted: 20-Sep-2018 13:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I checked this GPS location bug, but in this version I can't change the location at all in the location window by moving the location marker or by clicking somewhere else in the map. (Windows 10).

Also if I enter text in the search window, a new marker appears, instead that the current marker moves to the searched location.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Sep-2018 13:59   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Thanks for reporting. I have no clue what causes that. It's broken in jAlbum 15.4 too so I assume Google has "updated" their map API.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Sep-2018 14:46   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Thanks for reporting. I have no clue what causes that. It's broken in jAlbum 15.4 too so I assume Google has "updated" their map API.

The similar feature in Picasa (no longer available, but I have the installers), which I found very useful (like jAlbum's, but in a much larger window), stopped working in the last year or so. That one's even worse - it won't bring up a map at all, with a puzzling message about an unsupported browser (it's in Picasa, not in any browser).

I'm seeing more and more sites using Mapbox instead. Not sure whether their API and pricing plans are any better.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Sep-2018 15:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
I'm seeing more and more sites using Mapbox instead. Not sure whether their API and pricing plans are any better.
Here are other alternatives.
RobM

Posted: 20-Sep-2018 16:52   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
I checked this GPS location bug, but in this version I can't change the location at all in the location window by moving the location marker or by clicking somewhere else in the map. (Windows 10).
In the interim to change the location first delete the existing marker, then search for the new location and click to add a new marker.
Also if I enter text in the search window, a new marker appears, instead that the current marker moves to the searched location.
That is how it worked before and how to move the marker is described, albeit that the API has stopped it from working for now.
davidekholm

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 11:17   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Anders has helped me adjust the location editor so it works again, all but double-clicking. Put the attached plugin in jAlbum's "ext" folder and restart jAlbum!

I've updated this plugin once again. Now it should work again.

Edited by: davidekholm on 21-Sep-2018 12:44
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 11:33   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Anders has helped me adjust the location editor so it works again, all but double-clicking. Put the attached plugin in jAlbum's "ext" folder and restart jAlbum!
Well, it does not works on my Windows 10 system, even not with double clicks. (version 16.3b1).
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 11:57   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
And here is another problem which is not solved in this version: multiple include images not working in Windows 10.
David, you did not react, so I suppose you did not see it
After I selected 4 excluded images, see screenshot ExcludedAndSelected. I clicked the exclude button. The exclude icon of the first image disappears immediately, but all 4 images stay selected. After about 3 seconds, the images are deselected, but the last 3 images are still excluded, see screenshotExcludeButtonClicked.

Tip: add to the Important - Please read this before posting! of the Bugs report group a detailed description how you should make screen movies. In that case I could provide a screenmovie as attachement.
RobM

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 12:55   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
And here is another problem which is not solved in this version: multiple include images not working in Windows 10.
Tip: add to the Important - Please read this before posting! of the Bugs report group a detailed description how you should make screen movies. In that case I could provide a screenmovie as attachement.
As a result of the mp4 in the from post linked to above a sticky note was added to the Forum Information forum as the issue of mp4 attachments not playing on iPads is not limited to a single forum, obviously.
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 13:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Rob, I don't understand your reply:

I proposed to publish a recipe to make a screen-movie to demonstrate problems in the jAlbum program which runs on a PC.

What has that to do with an iPad?
RobM

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 13:23   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Rob, I don't understand your reply:

I proposed to publish a recipe to make a screen-movie to demonstrate problems in the jAlbum program which runs on a PC.

What has that to do with an iPad?

MP4 is the best format for screen recordings.
davidekholm

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 13:35   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
David, you did not react, so I suppose you did not see it
After I selected 4 excluded images, see screenshot ExcludedAndSelected. I clicked the ...

I was able to reproduce that behavior once on Windows 10, but as soon as I uninstalled jAlbum 16.3b and installed an older version it went away - even when going back to v16.3b3
Can't explain that one :-(
davidekholm

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 13:40   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I've updated the LocationEditor plugin once again. Now it should work again.
jGromit

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 14:20   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:

Thirty seconds of Googling. Do you not know how to use Google to find out things? Do you always need to have someone else find the information for you, then feed it to you with a big spoon?

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-to-video-screen-capture-windows-10

ETA: This method does have one shortcoming - it won't capture context menus. The only way I've found to do that is to use OBS Studio in its "Display Capture" mode (its "Window Capture" mode has other problems that I haven't cracked).
jGromit

Posted: 21-Sep-2018 14:24   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I've updated this plugin once again. Now it should work again.

Sorry, but no joy. It's behaving exactly like it did before - it shows the location marker, but you can't change it.

ETA: File size 158,422

EAgainTA: I take it back - I still had one of the older versions lurking in my config directory, and that one was taking precedence. The real new version seems to be working again. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums