This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Sep-2018 13:19 Last Post By: ufalbum Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ufalbum

Link buttons to adjacent folders
Posted: 04-Sep-2018 12:06

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

the optional buttons to adjacent folders (previous and next) look not very good if the folder's title exceeds a certain length. Please visit
http://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/stuttgart21/album/impressionen/impressionen2018_03/index.html
to see what I mean.

It is not a severe problem, nevertheless I woluld appreciate a solution, e.g.
  • trim long title within the button
  • allow 2nd line (space available)

Best regards
Ulli
Laza

Re: Link buttons to adjacent folders
Posted: 04-Sep-2018 13:35   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

The skin already trims long lines, doesn't allow wrapping text into new line, but you have added a <br> (line break) tag which the skin isn't prepared for.
ufalbum

Re: Link buttons to adjacent folders
Posted: 11-Sep-2018 13:14   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

OK, Laza, I understand.

In fact using Shift-Return instead of the HTML-Tag
line1<br>line2
to insert a line break works much better. The described effect doesn't occur if Shift-Return is used.

However, a folder title below the folder icon allows line breaks in order to prevent arbitrary line breaks or to insert a kind of subtitle.This line breaks are ignored in the PREVIOUS or NEXT buttons. If the title is long enough it will be truncated at the right end of the button, Regarding the NEXT-Button a long title so overwrites the folder icon. The widths of those 2 bottons (PREV and NEXT) depend on the length of the litle, i.e. a short title makes a button small in width, a long title makes the button half a page width. It would look nicer if both buttons have the same width.

Not a severe problem, as I already said.
Best regards
Ulli
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums