This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12-Aug-2018 14:59 Last Post By: jGromit
webmaster201

Keep photo url in WP and not jAlbum
Posted: 12-Aug-2018 01:30

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am looking to see if there is a way to link my album which resides in jAlbum.net to a page in my WP site. I tried embedding the code from the album, but that just gives me a link on my WP site which when clicked takes me to my jAlbum site. I want to somehow keep my visitors in my WP site and not have them leave the site to the jAlbum.net site.

Also of note is my WP site is secure, and the jAlbum.net one is not, and I noticed in the bridge notes that there needs to be a change so that the jAlbum portion is secure as well. How would I accomplish that?

If need be, I suppose I could upload the album to my site itself and try to bypass the jAlbum.net hosting, but so far I'm having some issues doing that as well.
jGromit

Re: Keep photo url in WP and not jAlbum
Posted: 12-Aug-2018 01:53   in response to: webmaster201 in response to: webmaster201

What you're really asking for is for Wordpress to be able to display a jAlbum-created album within Wordpress. Currently, the only way to do that is to create an iframe on your WP page, and show the album within it, but that's a terrible idea, for a whole host of reasons (iframes defeat the purpose of a responsive skin, iframes are a mess on mobile devices, and so on).

The jAlbum Bridge can create a little slideshow from your album within WP, but to see the real album, the visitor needs to leave your WP site.

I guess the bottom line is that Wordpress can display only what Wordpress understands, and jAlbum can't change Wordpress. If you don't want your visitors to leave your WP site, your only option is to use one of the WP plugins that creates a photo display of some sort within WP. A similar plugin from jAlbum isn't really possible, because there isn't just one kind of jAlbum photo display - there are dozens of them, all very different.
Laza

Posted: 12-Aug-2018 14:47   in response to: webmaster201 in response to: webmaster201

You can upload the album to your site, that shouldn't be a problem.

If your WP is running in secure mode you can give the link to album as secure too, starting with https://

You can disable the link to the album within the plugin, see "Disable links to the album". If you give a larger number in the "Number of cards (max.)" box, more images will be displayed. (Not all transition types can have any number of images though.)
jGromit

Posted: 12-Aug-2018 14:59   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

But no matter what you do, you're not going to be able to see your Tiger or Neptune album within Wordpress. The jAlbum Bridge plugin puts up one of several slideshow variants within WP, but it can't make a Tiger album, for example, magically appear without leaving the WP page.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums