This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 27 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 04-Aug-2018 15:00 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
wspollack

PhotoSwipe: Link URL Field?
Posted: 15-Jul-2018 21:44

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am primarily interested in a skin that is both Responsive and which enables videos to be embedded, so I started experimenting with PhotoSwipe today. It seems like a very well-written skin. Thanks, Andre.

In the documentation at https://andrewolff.blogspot.com/2014/07/slide-show-4-skin-manual.html, it notes in one area that:

It is also possible to replace the slide image by an external web-page in an iframe. To do that, enter the URL of the external page in the 'Link URL' field and check the check-mark 'External page should replace slide picture'. The other fields should stay empty in that case.

The screen shots throughout that page show a "Link" area on the right side, which, when expanded, have a "Link URL" field. This looks like an old version of jAlbum, and probably an old version of PhotoSwipe.

Which brings me to my question: how do I enter a URL for an image? I interested in embedding a few Vimeo videos in a new gallery. That is, that Link area does not appear in that area on my application screen.

I was able to do that when I was experimenting with the Saturn skin yesterday, by clicking on an image's More hover choice, and then choosing Edit, and then there was an area on the right side for entering a URL. I had expected the same sort of process with PhotoSwipe, but I may be missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Bill

Edited by: wspollack on 15-Jul-2018 21:45
AndreWolff

Re: PhotoSwipe: Link URL Field?
Posted: 15-Jul-2018 23:19   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack

wspollack wrote:
It is also possible to replace the slide image by an external web-page in an iframe. To do that, enter the URL of the external page in the 'Link URL' field and check the check-mark 'External page should replace slide picture'. The other fields should stay empty in that case.
No Bill, that link panel is only implemented in the Slide Show 4 skin, it is not implemented in the PhotoSwipe skin because you get the same result with web locations as implemented in jAlbum 14.

Go to PhotoSwipe settings – Slide page / Options and search for:

Check-mark "Replace web location slide image by the web site" requires jAlbum version 14. If set, the web location slide image is replaced by the opened web location and navigation buttons are showed in the left and right border of the website.

To add a web location, open the web page you like to add in your browser and drag the site icon in front of the address of the web page into the jAlbum explorer window at the place you like to see it in your album. You can do it too by clicking the right mouse button in the Explorer window and selecting next 'New page' / 'Web location'. Next enter the URL of the website and click on the Update button.

The same method is used in my new FancyBox skin, which displasy YouTube and Vimeo videos nicer as in the PhotoSwipe skin I think. See this FancyBox example album.

Regards,

André
wspollack

Posted: 16-Jul-2018 05:03   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thank you for your prompt and thorough help. Problem solved.

I am now experimenting with FancyBox ...

Cheers,

Bill
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jul-2018 08:41   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack
Helpful
wspollack wrote:
I am now experimenting with FancyBox ...
I just uploaded a new version, so please do an update.
And don't hesitate to give your comments!

Regards,

André
wspollack

FancyBox: Initial Comments
Posted: 16-Jul-2018 16:35   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Updated to the latest version, and have done some initial experimentation. Here are some thoughts:

1) It is very nice skin, just what I was looking for.

I had been using the Juicebox skin (with Juicebox Pro) for a couple of years now. I liked that a lot, for my purposes -- mostly family viewing of grandchildren pictures, that sort of thing -- but its lack of support for embedded videos is a big drawback for me lately.

2) Thumbnails:

It is very interesting, all the different ways that the thumbnails are implemented.

I like the way that they can appear down the right side, on my phone, and along the bottom on my browser. I have discovered that clicking on the thumbnail control on the top alternates between how the thumbnails work in a large screen (iMac browser) and on the small screen (iPhone 6).

I also like how the thumbnails are highlighted, and move, as you swipe through the images (or click the next arrow on a PC).

I would like an option, when generating a gallery, to control how the gallery is initially displayed to the viewer. For example, the option setting could be implemented such that when a user loads the page on a phone (or tablet, I guess), the small icons appear on the right side, and in a PC the icons appear along the bottom. This would show the user these along-the-right or along-the-bottom capabilities. It's not intuitively obvious that the icon-grid control has all these different aspects; a user might think that, as with many galleries, the icons are either on -- like the way the gallery first loads -- or off. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

3) Videos:

I noticed that my embedded videos are automatically played on the Mac, but on the phone their Play button must be touched before they play. I would rather that when videos are the focused image on the large screen, their Play button must be clicked, too.

I also noticed on the phone that when a video has focus -- you swiped, or touched the right-arrow, from a previous still photo -- you cannot swipe to the next image. Instead, you must touch the right-arrow, to get to the next image. At least that's the case on my iPhone and its native Safari. That is, on a small device, there are two ways to move to the next image: swipe or arrow; however, when an embedded video has focus, you can only use the arrows. I don't know if there's anything you can do about that, because of the embedded nature.

I also learned that Vimeo has the capability of setting embedded presets (although I'm not sure if this is available for the base free membership). See https://vimeo.com/settings/videos/embed_presets. I didn't know about this until today, when I was researching why the Play button appeared in the center of the embedded video, and why there was no way I could click on a spot to jump ahead in the videos. Creating a preset at Vimeo, and applying it to the existing videos, solved these problems -- my videos in the FancyBox gallery now have a time-slider, Play button, etc., that look pretty much the same as if I were on Vimeo itself. And I also set "Blank" there, i.e., when the video is done, the image is just all black.

In any case, those are my initial comments.

Cheers,

Bill P.
AndreWolff

Re: FancyBox: Initial Comments
Posted: 16-Jul-2018 19:35   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack

wspollack wrote:
1) It is very nice skin, just what I was looking for.
Thanks!
I like the way that they can appear down the right side, on my phone, and along the bottom on my browser. I have discovered that clicking on the thumbnail control on the top alternates between how the thumbnails work in a large screen (iMac browser) and on the small screen (iPhone 6).
On small screens they are on the right side and on large screens they are on the bottom. I have no Mac, so I can’t check it.
I would like an option, when generating a gallery, to control how the gallery is initially displayed to the viewer. For example, the option setting could be implemented such that when a user loads the page on a phone (or tablet, I guess), the small icons appear on the right side, and in a PC the icons appear along the bottom.
That happends now already or do you mean that the thumbstrip should automatically be opened if you open a Slide?
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.
I don’t think I fully understand you. Personally I don’t like the thumbsstrip on the Slide page, it is a poorly duplication of the thumbs on the index page. On the Slide page you should use all available space for your enlarged photo!
I noticed that my embedded videos are automatically played on the Mac, but on the phone their Play button must be touched before they play. I would rather that when videos are the focused image on the large screen, their Play button must be clicked, too.
Autoplay on mobile devices is never allowed. In version 1.1.7 it is possible to start a video automatically or only by clicking the play button.
I also noticed on the phone that when a video has focus -- you swiped, or touched the right-arrow, from a previous still photo -- you cannot swipe to the next image. Instead, you must touch the right-arrow, to get to the next image. At least that's the case on my iPhone and its native Safari. That is, on a small device, there are two ways to move to the next image: swipe or arrow; however, when an embedded video has focus, you can only use the arrows. I don't know if there's anything you can do about that, because of the embedded nature.
No, it is not possible to change that. On a PC you can also use the arrow keys and the mousewheel.
I also learned that Vimeo has the capability of setting embedded presets (although I'm not sure if this is available for the base free membership). See https://vimeo.com/settings/videos/embed_presets. I didn't know about this until today, when I was researching why the Play button appeared in the center of the embedded video, and why there was no way I could click on a spot to jump ahead in the videos. Creating a preset at Vimeo, and applying it to the existing videos, solved these problems -- my videos in the FancyBox gallery now have a time-slider, Play button, etc., that look pretty much the same as if I were on Vimeo itself. And I also set "Blank" there, i.e., when the video is done, the image is just all black.
I am affraid that I can’t do anything special with Vimeo video’s, it is all done in the FancyBox library code, which I am not going to change!

Thanks for your comments!

André

Edited by: AndreWolff on 21-Jul-2018 12:03
wspollack

Posted: 22-Jul-2018 16:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Still experimenting with FancyBox.

The biggest problem I am having is the initial load time. I'm testing with a gallery of about 170 images. If the browser cache is clean, or a new test is generated, it takes a loooonng time for the gallery to load. (I'm using a hosting service, BlueHost, and a shared server option, to keep costs down.)

If I check the option to initially display the first slide, I get a nice spinning circle for some minutes, when first opening the gallery. If I don't check that option, some of the thumbs appear, but it takes, again, minutes for the rest to load, or for any of the clicked thumbs to produce that first clear slide.

Do you have any suggestions to improve load time?

With other skins -- or some other software generators -- maybe the first row of a dozen or so thumbnails will appear along the bottom, and the corresponding slides will be available. And then the next dozen or so thumbnails will be available, and so forth. That is, a kind of "on demand" loading. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Am I correct that all thumbnails have to be loaded, before a slide can be fully displayed?

Thanks for your time, and for any help.

Cheers,

Bill P.
AndreWolff

Posted: 22-Jul-2018 21:35   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack

wspollack wrote:
The biggest problem I am having is the initial load time. I'm testing with a gallery of about 170 images. If the browser cache is clean, or a new test is generated, it takes a loooonng time for the gallery to load.
Well the loading time depends on the selected image size, the quality, the speed of the server,the speed offered by your Internet provider, the speed of your PC / tablet, the graphical card etc.

But do you mean it takes a long time before the index page with the thumbnails is displayed or is it the time to open an image in the light-box?

Why don't you give the link to your test album?

170 images in one album is an overkill, why don't you split the album in a number of folders? In my albums I have the rule that the number of images in an album is always < 30 otherwise it becomes boring for the viewer.
If I check the option to initially display the first slide
I don't know such an option, please explain.
Do you have any suggestions to improve load time?
I think I have set the option in the Justified Gallery that a thumbnail should fully be loaded before it is displayed.
I could make that an option, but I don't think that explains your long loading times.
Do you see the same long loading time if you open one of my sample albums like this album. It takes < 3 sec to load the thumbnails page on my PC.
With other skins -- or some other software generators -- maybe the first row of a dozen or so thumbnails will appear along the bottom, and the corresponding slides will be available. And then the next dozen or so thumbnails will be available, and so forth. That is, a kind of "on demand" loading. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Am I correct that all thumbnails have to be loaded, before a slide can be fully displayed?
Yes, but as I said above I could make that an option.
You can limit the number of thumbnails per page to for instance 12 by setting on the jAlbum pages tab in the group Thumbnail layout Columns 12 and Rows 1.

If you make the same album with the PhotoSwipe skin, do you get the same long loading times?

As I said it would help me to understand your problem by giving a link and may be if you give the project file as an attachement.

Regards,

André

Edit:

I made an album with 258 images: https://www.andrewolff.nl/SaharaN_FB/ this loads at my PC also within 3 seconds, (with an empty cash and an internet speed of 320Mbps). I tried it also with my iPad at a spot with a download speed of 30 Mbps: the thumbnails were all visible within 5 sec.
How long does it take at your place before you see all thumbnails?

I did measure my Download speed via this site: http://www.speedtest.net/nl my download speed is 320Mbps on my PC,
What do you measure?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 23-Jul-2018 08:53
wspollack

Posted: 24-Jul-2018 22:20   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

André:

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but I've been doing a lot of testing, with different browsers, trying to figure out why my test galleries sometimes take a long time to load. And the short answer is: I can't figure it out.

Test Galleries:

Here are links to two of my FancyBox test albums:

http://billanddot.com/Atlantis-FancyBox/
http://billanddot.com/Atlantis-FancyBox/Atlantis-FancyBox-Open-First-Slide/

Maybe I have an issue with previously cached pages, although I often delete my daily history during these tests (which includes the cache). In any case, see how long they take to load (both have 170+ slides).

Your gallery, https://www.andrewolff.nl/SaharaN_FB/, took about 3.8 seconds to load on my Mac. I have about a 60 mbit connection (download and upload).

My gallery -- and I've been mostly testing with that first one, takes anywhere from 6 seconds, to 38 seconds, to 52 seconds, to never.

I have been experimenting with Cliqz, Firefox, Safari, and Opera, all on my Mac. I clear the day's history before each test, which presumably gets rid of the browser's cache. And with Firefox, my default browser, I have been doing this testing with all add-ons disabled (as Firefox nicely gives you a Help choice to restart that way).

I don't do anything to my hosting account, so one would think that subsequent tests would be quicker, because the thumbnails and possibly slides might be in some kind of recently used memory area there. But this does NOT seem to be the case, i.e., a test, followed by a browser's history cleaning, followed by a second test in that browser does not seem to have any effect.

Last, when the page load freezes -- and I'm talking about more than, say, 10 minutes, and then I close the tab -- often I get the first five thumbnails to load, and that's it. See attached screen grab example.

I just can't make any sense of these load times.

Large Galleries:

Regarding your comment ...

170 images in one album is an overkill, why don't you split the album in a number of folders? In my albums I have the rule that the number of images in an album is always < 30 otherwise it becomes boring for the viewer.

I would agree with you, for general use pages, and especially commercial pages. But here, it's okay. Most of my pages are just for family members, and this is the sort of thing they want. And that's also why I prefer galleries that have "Image nnn of nnn" captions, so a viewer can more easily resume viewing, if the user gets interrupted, tired, etc.

Skins for Large Galleries:

Speaking of large galleries, here are two of my existing ones:

http://www.billanddot.com/Maya-pictures/ (430 slides)
http://www.billanddot.com/Emma-pictures/ (596 slides)

These are of a couple of grandkids. I asked their mothers if the galleries should be made smaller, and they told me that they wanted the full galleries, no deleting, just add the newer images to the front of the galleries.

Those were made with the Juicebox skin, and you can see how quickly they load, despite their sizes.

The advantage here is that there is some "on demand" loading going on here (or so it seems to me). That is, when you first open one of those, only the visible thumbnails -- along the bottom, in a desktop browser, or only a screen's worth on a phone -- are loaded, i.e., the rest of the thumbnails are not loaded until they're needed. Also, I have the gallery set such that only the next slide is pre-fetched.

My Ideal Gallery:

The way Juicebox works is, for me, the way I like galleries. I have the Pro license, and I'd continue working with Juicebox, except that it doesn't support videos, embedded directly or from Youtube or Vimeo. And I want videos in this particular gallery, and wanted to do that in a few prior ones, too; instead, I use hyperlinks in captions, to link to Vimeo videos.

What I'm looking for, then, is:

• Responsive sizing for desktop, phone, or tablet.
  • Relatively quick loading, using some sort of on-demand system.
  • Thumbnails viewable with slides, at least on desktops.
  • Support for Vimeo links.
  • Pinchable expansion on touch devices (Juicebox doesn't support this either, although you can open a given slide in a new window; this new window allows for image pinching-expansion, but not allowing the original slide to be expanded in place is pretty counter-intuitive these days, for phone viewers).

Some Bugs in FancyBox?:

billanddot.com/Atlantis-FancyBox/Atlantis-FancyBox-Open-First-Slide/ was built by checking Settings --> FancyBox --> General --> Open first slide automatically.

Also, Settings --> FancyBox --> Slide Page --> Options --> Start videos automatically was NOT checked.

The first problem is that when the gallery is loaded, the slides play automatically. This is the case both in my browser (Firefox 61.0.1) and in the Preview window in jAlbum.

The second problem -- and this is much stranger -- is that, once the gallery loads, i.e., that first slide is shown, if you then press the "X" in the upper-right corner, the slide closes and you are left with a screen that has nothing but the background -- no slide and no thumbnails. This, too, happens both in Preview mode and with the actual published gallery.

I hoped I have explained these issues to you clearly enough. And, again, thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Bill P.
AndreWolff

Posted: 25-Jul-2018 08:55   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack

The first album is loaded at my PC in 9 sec with Chrome and in 12 sec with Firefox.
The 2nd album is loaded at my PC in 6 sec with Chrome and in 8 sec with Firefox.

For the first album you have set the 'Fixed-shape thumbnails' check-mark I think. That is not recommended if you display it in a Justified Galler, because part of the picture is not visible on the thumbnail in that case.

My gallery -- and I've been mostly testing with that first one, takes anywhere from 6 seconds, to 38 seconds, to 52 seconds, to never.
I can't reproduce that effect here.
Last, when the page load freezes -- and I'm talking about more than, say, 10 minutes, and then I close the tab -- often I get the first five thumbnails to load, and that's it. See attached screen grab example.
I have that effect sometimes on my iPad for a webpage. I just click the refresh button in that case, which solves the problem mostl times.
I just can't make any sense of these load times.
Regarding your comment ...

I would agree with you, for general use pages, and especially commercial pages. But here, it's okay. Most of my pages are just for family members, and this is the sort of thing they want. And that's also why I prefer galleries that have "Image nnn of nnn" captions, so a viewer can more easily resume viewing, if the user gets interrupted, tired, etc.

Well for my large test gallery I copied the pictures of my latest holiday. But for my normal albums I did split these images in folders, with in each folder the pictures of one day / trip. I give for each trip a short description and the map which shows were the pictures have been made. You see the result here
What I'm looking for, then, is:

• Responsive sizing for desktop, phone, or tablet.
All my skins are responsive
- Relatively quick loading, using some sort of on-demand system.
From the gallery documentation:
PhotoSwipe loads neighboring images based on the direction of the user’s movement.
FancyBox displays the thumbnail and load the full-sized image over top.
Did you see any difference between a PhotoSwipe and a FancyBox album in this respect?
- Thumbnails viewable with slides, at least on desktops.
Only available with FancyBox
- Support for Vimeo links.
Done in all my 3 skins.
- Pinchable expansion on touch devices (Juicebox doesn't support this either, although you can open a given slide in a new window; this new window allows for image pinching-expansion, but not allowing the original slide to be expanded in place is pretty counter-intuitive these days, for phone viewers).
Available in all my 3 skins. All 3 skins support also special viewers for cylindrical or Spherical panorama pictures.
Some Bugs in FancyBox?:

billanddot.com/Atlantis-FancyBox/Atlantis-FancyBox-Open-First-Slide/ was built by checking Settings --> FancyBox --> General --> Open first slide automatically.

Also, Settings --> FancyBox --> Slide Page --> Options --> Start videos automatically was NOT checked.

The first problem is that when the gallery is loaded, the slides play automatically. This is the case both in my browser (Firefox 61.0.1) and in the Preview window in jAlbum.

To prevent that, clear check-mark 'Show slide-show button'.
The second problem -- and this is much stranger -- is that, once the gallery loads, i.e., that first slide is shown, if you then press the "X" in the upper-right corner, the slide closes and you are left with a screen that has nothing but the background -- no slide and no thumbnails. This, too, happens both in Preview mode and with the actual published gallery.
Well Bill, you said to skip the index page by setting 'Open first slide automatically', so if you close the slide page, it will skip again the index page, so what page should be shown?
Normally you open an album via a link on a parent page like http://billanddot.com/ If you close the album, you should return to that page. You get this done by entering http://billanddot.com/ in the 'Parent page URL' field on the Links tab.
I think you left that field empty in your test albums.

But for normal albums, you should not set check-mark 'Open first slide automatically'. This is only implemented to make embedded slide-shows as you see here.
I use that to make X-mas cards, see here for an example.

Regards,

André
wspollack

Posted: 25-Jul-2018 16:26   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

André:

Thank you very much for taking the time to check my pages, and to explain how the skin works.

Some comments on your comments:

The first album is loaded at my PC in 9 sec with Chrome and in 12 sec with Firefox.
The 2nd album is loaded at my PC in 6 sec with Chrome and in 8 sec with Firefox.

For the first album you have set the 'Fixed-shape thumbnails' check-mark I think. That is not recommended if you display it in a Justified Galler, because part of the picture is not visible on the thumbnail in that case.

I re-generated the first album, unchecking the fixed-shape, per your recommendation. I'll leave it like that.

By the way, it took about 45 seconds to load in my browser, once the Upload function was finished. I guess a lot depends on the cache in my host server.

I have that effect sometimes on my iPad for a webpage. I just click the refresh button in that case, which solves the problem mostl times.

Modern technology is frustrating at times.

To prevent that, clear check-mark 'Show slide-show button'.

I guess I was thinking that, with that option checked, two things would happen:

1) The first slide would be shown, but;
2) The user would have to press the Play button for an automatic slide show, or just click the right-arrow, for the next slide.

That is, I didn't think that that option (to show the first slide) would also put the gallery in auto-play mode. Perhaps two options are needed: the first to show that first slide, and the second option regarding whether to activate auto-play.

Well Bill, you said to skip the index page by setting 'Open first slide automatically', so if you close the slide page, it will skip again the index page, so what page should be shown?
I think you left that field empty in your test albums.

Yes, you are correct, I left that field empty. I guess I thought pressing X would result in that full page of thumbnails being shown, the same as if I hadn't checked that box.

I was hoping for a quicker load time, the way those Juicebox-skin albums load. Did you get a chance to see how quickly those 400- or 500-image galleries load? The trick there is that only a single row (on a desktop browser) or a single page (on a phone) of thumbnails load initially. This would be as if you had an option to load just a row of thumbnails initially, something like the attached screenshot here.

But still, FancyBox is a very nice skin, and I appreciate your work. (I have not done much playing around with PhotoSwipe, because you mentioned that FancyBox handles Vimeo better.)

Thank you again for your time in responding to my questions.

Cheers,

Bill P.

AndreWolff

Posted: 25-Jul-2018 18:52   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack

wspollack wrote:
I guess I was thinking that, with that option checked, two things would happen:

1) The first slide would be shown, but;
2) The user would have to press the Play button for an automatic slide show, or just click the right-arrow, for the next slide.

The slide show starts now only automatically if check-mark “Use 'Tap image' to start/stop Slide Show or for next image” is cleared. So check that check-mark if you don't like an auto start.

See the Carousel gallery album for an example.
To start the slide show, click in the image or on the play icon in the tool-bar.
Notice in that example that as option, the thumbs strip is automatically displayed (next version required).

But still, FancyBox is a very nice skin, and I appreciate your work. (I have not done much playing around with PhotoSwipe, because you mentioned that FancyBox handles Vimeo better.)
Well Bill there is not much difference in the handling of Vimeo videos between PhotoSwipe and FancyBox.
So I think it is worth will to generate the same album also with PhotoSwipe, to see if the loading times with PhotoSwipe are better.

I think I will release a new version tomorrow.

Regards,

André
wspollack

Posted: 26-Jul-2018 23:54   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

So I think it is worth will to generate the same album also with PhotoSwipe, to see if the loading times with PhotoSwipe are better.

Thanks, André: the PhotoSwipe load times -- consistently about 5 seconds, after clearing the browser history -- are much better than with FancyBox.

The only problem I am having in the PhotoSwipe testing involves embedded Vimeo videos. Possibly this is not possible with PhotoSwipe, but I would like these videos to appear embedded in the final gallery, just as they appear when the videos are shown in FancyBox.

That is, I do not want to take the user to Vimeo's site -- as a new browser window or tab -- but instead show the embedded video on the gallery page, using Vimeo's server(s). Is this possible with PhotoSwipe?

I have "Replace web location slide image by web site" UNchecked, but I have also tried a PhotoSwipe album with that checked. If UNchecked, the slide appears with an overlayed video button, but nothing happens. If checked, there is no image displayed at all.

I think I'm doing something wrong here, and I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Bill P.
AndreWolff

Posted: 27-Jul-2018 07:06   in response to: wspollack in response to: wspollack

wspollack wrote:
Thanks, André: the PhotoSwipe load times -- consistently about 5 seconds, after clearing the browser history -- are much better than with FancyBox.
Is this the load time of the index page with the thumbnails or the loading time of a slide page?
What are the corresponding times in FancyBox?
I think a loading time of 5 sec for a slide is fairly long. What did you defined on the jAlbum Images tab for the JPEQ quality and for the Images bounds?
The only problem I am having in the PhotoSwipe testing involves embedded Vimeo videos. Possibly this is not possible with PhotoSwipe, but I would like these videos to appear embedded in the final gallery, just as they appear when the videos are shown in FancyBox.
Yes that is possible, see my video test album.
Check-mark 'Replace web location slide image by the website'on the Slide page / options tab has been set in this album.
To get the correct link to a YouTube or Vimeo video, select 'Share' / 'Embed' and copy the src link to the link URL field of the web location.
If the video is locally not running, upload the album and see wheter that makes any difference.

BTW How did you get that yellow-rose background under your photos?

Regards,

André

Edited by: AndreWolff on 27-Jul-2018 21:03
jGromit

Posted: 27-Jul-2018 21:19   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
BTW How did you get that yellow-rose background under your photos?

User variables (which you would know if you had simply downloaded the lifeboat.zip file from the album and imported the settings):
filter1 class=XBorderFilter shWidth=23 shTrans=10 shDrop=soft shCol=black bgCol=#E6D4BA shDir=SE closeups
filter2 class=XBorderFilter shWidth=23 shCol=#E6D4BA bgCol=#E6D4BA shDir=NW closeups
The color is originally from the Chameleon "Coffee" style, and I swiped it for Matrix.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums