Installing and using FileZilla
FileZilla is a great app to have on your machine, even if you normally use the jAlbum uploader, and it's a freebie.
1. Download the client program and install it: https://filezilla-project.org/
2. Launch it and, from the top menu, choose File, Site Manager, and click the New Site button
3. To add your jalbum.net account, for Protocol, choose SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
4. For Host, enter yourusername.jalbum.net
5. Leave Port blank.
6. For Logon Type, choose Normal
7. For User, enter your jAlbum username
8. For Password, enter your jAlbum password
9. Click Connect to make sure it's all working
Before doing any uploading, it's best to tell FileZilla to upload only new or changed files
1. From the top menu, choose Edit, Settings
2. Go to Transfers, File exists action, Uploads, and choose Overwrite if source file newer, and click OK
Now launch jAlbum, create an album project, and Make Album. Now you're ready to upload it. We'll call this project FZtest.
Launch FileZilla. From the top menu, select File, Site Manager, choose your jAlbum account, and click Connect.
On the left, you'll see what's on your PC. On the right, you'll see what's on your jalbum.net account - there will be a folder (directory) for each album you've already uploaded.
On the left, navigate to your album. It will normally be at C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Albums\FZtest\album. It's important that you do not upload the album folder - you want to upload the contents of the album folder. See fzupload1.png
If you're updating an existing project, open that folder on the right. If it's a new project, right-click somewhere in the right panel and choose Create directory and enter it. See fzupload2.png
Enter the project name and click OK. See fzupload3.png
Now the right panel should look like fzupload4.png