This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 33 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 15 May 18, 08:16 Last Post By: mdvdhurk
snjohnsen

Wordpress JAlbum Bridge Plugin Not Showing Album
Posted: 10 Apr 18, 01:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have installed the plugin and have used the visual editor to create a shortcode that accesses a test album using my JAlbum URL. However when I update the post and view it the album is not visible. I know there is something on the page because I have placed a section of text before and after the shortcode and I can see a large empty space in between the text.

I have used the embed code in the post just to make sure that the album is visible using that method and this works so I know that the album is viewable but for some reason, it appears hidden when using the shortcode.
RobM

Re: Wordpress JAlbum Bridge Plugin Not Showing Album
Posted: 10 Apr 18, 12:22   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

The jAlbum team will need a link to the page that is not displaying the album if they are to help you.
hanso

Posted: 10 Apr 18, 14:59   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

Reasons for an empty page to appear are missing .json files or an incorrect url of the jalbum album.

Or a combination of options in the editor, happened to me also this way
The .json files will appear when you enable them to be generated (Album Settings Advanced - Meta data - Generate .json and dont forget to upload your album to your server!

Start with a working url, uoploaded .json files and leave the defaults in the options
Test that first and when this works then change options.

And be careful not to 'damage' the shortcode. When you look at it in the WP editor textmode, you see it 'embeds' html with &gt for '>'.

Example of how mine looks now:

[jalbum_bridge albumurl="http://reizen.hansotten.nl/uploads/europa/italie/northitaly/venetie" ordering="random" transition="crossfade" layout="24" titletemplate="<h1>${title|name}</h1>" titlestyle="transparent" captiontemplate="" layout="24"

(Note the layout="24" will be reset to 12 when editing!)

Edited by: hanso on 10-Apr-2018 15:03
snjohnsen

Posted: 10 Apr 18, 22:12   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

At the moment I am creating a test post in Wordpress and then saving it as a Draft, then I Preview it. However, in the visual editor, I can see the album within the embedded code without going to Preview so I know that the album URL is okay.

I could publish the post if you think that would make a difference but I have never needed to do this before whenever I have tested a plugin.

The code generated by the plugin is
[jalbum_bridge albumurl="http//snjohnsen.jalbum.net/test/" ar="75" type="grid" /]
I have not changed any of the other options.

In reply to the other response, I am using Turtle as the skin although I have tried several others to see if they would work and Turtle does not seem to have the options in the Advanced tab that you refer to.

Edited by: jGromit on 10-Apr-2018 16:15, to use "code" tags.
JeffTucker

Posted: 10 Apr 18, 22:17   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

Attachment ss003856.png (19.9 KB)
snjohnsen wrote:
In reply to the other response, I am using Turtle as the skin although I have tried several others to see if they would work and Turtle does not seem to have the options in the Advanced tab that you refer to.

The Advanced tab of the jAlbum settings, not the Advanced tab of the Turtle settings.

Edited by: jGromit on 10-Apr-2018 16:18 - added screenshot.
hanso

Posted: 11 Apr 18, 18:47   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

Your album url is wrong, the ':' is missing after the // http//snjohnsen.jalbum.net/test/

If you add that, it works fine (tested it just now), so the .json files are there.

Always test the url!
snjohnsen

Posted: 11 Apr 18, 23:14   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso

Yes, you are right I was missing the full colon and I thought I had copied it exactly. Just to be sure I deleted the original line of code and used JAlbum Bridge to create a new one, this is it

jalbum_bridge albumurl="http://snjohnsen.jlabum.net/test" slideshowdelay=2000" transitionspeed="1000"/

I have taken the square brackets out at the beginning and end of that code otherwise it does not display within this message.

But for some reason it still it still does not work for me.

Not sure how you got yours working maybe its a different theme causing the conflict or maybe another plugin conflict but something is stopping the display.

I had an idea that I could use a collaborative album and have that album display on a page in my WP theme using this plugin with the various transitions.

Edited by: snjohnsen on 11-Apr-2018 22:14
JeffTucker

Posted: 12 Apr 18, 00:00   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

To repeat what was posted above:

The jAlbum team will need a link to the page that is not displaying the album if they are to help you.

Just seeing the shortcode, along with a statement that, "It doesn't work," doesn't give anyone anything to debug.
hanso

Posted: 12 Apr 18, 11:34   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

Works fine, look here: http://reizen.hansotten.nl/test/ (I will leave it up for the next day)

The url working here is: http://snjohnsen.jalbum.net/test

You have another typo in your url in your post: http://snjohnsen.jlabum.net/test

Test the url and then copy/paste it, it looks like you are typing it in.
snjohnsen

Posted: 12 Apr 18, 22:37   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso

The error in the URL was my fault as I was typing it into the message box because I could not copy and paste the line from my website.

I have now published the post at

http://www.redkite-ramblers.org.uk/test/

If you continue scrolling down the page after the non-existent plugin images there is an iframe and then the embed code both showing the test album pulled from the jalbum server.

The plugin uses the same URL as in the iframe and the embed code.
Laza

Posted: 13 Apr 18, 10:43   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

Hi,

There's no trace of jalbum.min.js on your page. For some reason neither the required CSS nor the JS library is included. An no call code either... My guess is you are using a page builder plugin (WPBakery Page Builder) which takes over and doesn't let other plugins to work.
snjohnsen

Posted: 13 Apr 18, 15:36   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Your right I do have Page Builder as a plugin, it came as part of the theme with several other plugins but I also have several other photo grid plugins that I installed separately and they work fine.

If it is the case that the JAlbum Bridge plugin is not going to work because of the Page Builder plugin then a lot of WordPress users are in the same position as there are quite a few page builder type plugins available.

With Gutenberg becoming the next WordPress editor and its use of blocks to create page and post layouts there may be problems with this as well.

I think if this plugin is not going to work with themes that use page builder type plugins you might want to make this clear on the page advertising the use of JAlbum Bridge
Laza

Posted: 13 Apr 18, 18:30   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

I must admit I don't know much about plugin-cross-compatibility, as this is my first plugin. I was simply following Wordpress' plugin authoring guidelines. There might be some trick to make it work with such page builders too. I will investigate the issue.
hanso

Posted: 14 Apr 18, 13:21   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

This is not the problem the OP has, there are no errors in the Chrome Inspect console for his site. As Laza et al already saw there is no trace of jabum bridge in the source.

I did run into a problem with nothing appearing when I placed my jalbum albums on another site. The new site is only containing jabum albums, and the working url was inserted in a jalbum bridge line on my WP site..

Nothing showed but the console showed an interesting error:

No Access-Control-Allow-Origin header is present on the requested resource

and the .json file could not be read.

Googled it and implemented the simplest solution:

Add a .htaccess file in the root of the server with as content::

Header Set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

This works for me, Apache server. For other servers more complicated lines may be required.

So if you see such a problem, Chrome has an excellent Inspect facility with the Console tab showing errors in your page. and this may help you solve the problem!

FabioM

Posted: 15 Apr 18, 20:52   in response to: snjohnsen in response to: snjohnsen

I am unable to get the jAlbum gallery on my WP site.

I have installed the plugin, I created a new folder "album" on the server and uploaded a test album.

The file Json is there.

Please see the attached screen shots.

Thanks for any help.

Fabio
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums