This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Mar-2018 17:10 Last Post By: davidekholm
jGromit

Theme image and image edits
Posted: 27-Mar-2018 15:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is a bit of an oddball. If you choose an image as the theme image, but then do some image editing - cropping, straightening, flipping, gamma, contrast, effects, etc. - those edits are applied to the slide image, but not to the output theme image.

I could probably argue for either behavior, particularly with regard to cropping. But for things like straightening, flipping, and any of the color correction edits, I think I'd want those to be applied to the theme image.

So, I toss it out here for opinions. I imagine that changing the current behavior would be tricky, to say the least, particularly when it comes to the right-panel display of the image (with the cropping mask).
RobM

Re: Theme image and image edits
Posted: 27-Mar-2018 16:11   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
This is a bit of an oddball. If you choose an image as the theme image, but then do some image editing - cropping, straightening, flipping, gamma, contrast, effects, etc. - those edits are applied to the slide image, but not to the output theme image.

I could probably argue for either behavior, particularly with regard to cropping. But for things like straightening, flipping, and any of the color correction edits, I think I'd want those to be applied to the theme image.

So, I toss it out here for opinions. I imagine that changing the current behavior would be tricky, to say the least, particularly when it comes to the right-panel display of the image (with the cropping mask).

From the archives, ‘6) Existing image filters for the theme image is ignored for several good reasons’. But I have to agree that straightening etc. should be applied whilst borders and watermarks should not.
davidekholm

Re: Theme image and image edits
Posted: 27-Mar-2018 17:10   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I'd say let's keep it as it is in order to not complicate matters too much. One would need to categorize image filters further in order to make it that clever.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums