This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-Mar-2018 14:18 Last Post By: cselwyn Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
cselwyn

PhotoSwipe problems with full screen
Posted: 16-Mar-2018 23:01

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Andre, I have been experimenting with this skin and mostly I am very happy with it. However, there are one or two things that don't seem quite right

My normal usage is to embed the jAlbum in an <iframe> on my website.

• On iPad and iPhone the "full screen" button is not present.
  • On Chrome on PC and Android the "full screen" button is present and works fine on the "root" album of an "album of albums" but not on one of the linked albums
  • In Firefox and IE on PC, the "full screen" is present but has no effect in either root album of an "album of albums" or a linked album.

It seems that this feature is something that is highly dependant on what browser is being used.

I have found another posting which talks about a guide about 'full screen images' by rotating the iPhone to portrait, then landscape but I have failed to find the guide. Is it available somewhere?
AndreWolff

Re: PhotoSwipe problems with full screen
Posted: 16-Mar-2018 23:47   in response to: cselwyn in response to: cselwyn

Well Chris, I will do some tests tomorrow, but it would-be help me if you give the link to your website where the album is displayed in an iframe,
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Mar-2018 13:12   in response to: cselwyn in response to: cselwyn

Attachment ViewerSettings.PNG (974.0 KB)
cselwyn wrote:
  • On iPad and iPhone the "full screen" button is not present.
IOS does not support a full screen mode, unless you add the link of your site to the home screen, more info here.
* On Chrome on PC and Android the "full screen" button is present and works fine on the "root" album of an "album of albums" but not on one of the linked albums
I did test this with the PhotoSwipe sample album which is an album of albums. It works fine at my place with Windows 10. but of course you should set in the Viewer settings 'Use full screen for a picture' = Yes, see enclosed screen-shot ViewerSettings.PNG
* In Firefox and IE on PC, the "full screen" is present but has no effect in either root album of an "album of albums" or a linked album.
I did test this with the latest version of FireFox, Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 but I see no problems, it works fine on my PC.
It seems that this feature is something that is highly dependant on what browser is being used.
The Full Screen API used by plugin screenfull.min.js is supported by all operating systems except iOS.
I have found another posting which talks about a guide about 'full screen images' by rotating the iPhone to portrait, then landscape but I have failed to find the guide. Is it available somewhere?
I have no idea what you mean, but in the mobile PhotoSwipe viewers help file I say:

To get a complete full screen display of your album in iOS, turn your iPhone first in portrait orientation and next back in landscape orientation: the bottom tool-bar and the Host domain bar will both disappear, leaving it in complete full screen mode. The tool-bar and full URL bar will appear again when you tap on top or bottom of the page. Unfortunately you have to do that under iOS to use the buttons on top and bottom of a page!

So I don't know why you get different results, please give the link to your site, so that I can investigate it in your albums.

cselwyn

Posted: 20-Mar-2018 10:54   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thank-you very much for the very full response and for explaining the issues with iOS/Safari.

My website is at the following URL... http://www.timsbury-petanque.org.uk/Petanque/Galleries.xhtml

Unfortunately I cannot test with Microsoft Edge... It just doesn't work on my PC!

My colleague had been telling me that iOS could do full screen but, when he showed me, it wasn't really doing what I would call a "proper" full screen... it was just maximising the window.

It would be interesting to see what you make of my website and whether you can reproduce the symptoms that I have talked about.

Chris
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Mar-2018 17:20   in response to: cselwyn in response to: cselwyn

Attachment SevenStars.zip (1.7 MB)
cselwyn wrote:
It would be interesting to see what you make of my website and whether you can reproduce the symptoms that I have talked about.
Hi Chris,
you are using a very complicated navigation model! The slides are reached via the info button, hard to understand!

I think you better make one album with folders, like I made in this example. This example album has no problems at all with full screen as I explained abovce.

You could put the index page of this album in your iframe, but I think a link to this gallery from the Gallery link in the upper right box is sufficient.

You could also replace your iframe with a list of buttons with links to the 2009, 2010 album etc.

The attached zip file contains the project file and all data of this example project.

Regards, André
cselwyn

Posted: 20-Mar-2018 19:04   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

I think that the "album of albums" flag had managed to get unset somehow or other. That is now fixed and the links work as they should.
Clicking a link on the root page now take you direct to the respective album.

Chris
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Mar-2018 19:52   in response to: cselwyn in response to: cselwyn

No Chris, you should not use that iframe.
Look at the attached screenshots how this looks on an iPad. The index page has no link back to the top album and a slide page looks ugli.
The example album looks much better I think.

If you insist to use an embeded album, do it in that case in a responsieve way as you can see here

Edited by: AndreWolff on 20-Mar-2018 19:57

You still use an album of albums, which is absolute not required if the underlying albums are all made with the same skin!
Making an album of folders is easier and gives automatically better navigation possibilities.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 21-Mar-2018 10:51
jGromit

Posted: 20-Mar-2018 19:59   in response to: cselwyn in response to: cselwyn
Helpful
The fullscreen problem on desktops is an easy one. The Firefox developer's console even puts out a plain-text message that identifies the problem. For Edge, IE11, and Firefox, the iframe tag needs the allowfullscreen attribute:
<iframe src="some URL" style="some CSS" allowfullscreen></iframe>
But putting an album in an iframe is a bad idea. If you're using a responsive skin, using an iframe defeats the purpose. And on mobile devices, iframes cause all sorts of pain and suffering.
cselwyn

Posted: 21-Mar-2018 10:01   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank-you very much for your help

Chris
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums