This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-Mar-2018 14:58 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
andivienne

Favicon
Posted: 05-Mar-2018 20:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi to all from France

I want to add my favicon (favicon.ico in the root), but it's not working. I marked "use favicon" in "advance".

is there a trick or anything that i did wrong ?

Thanks for your answers

andivienne
jGromit

Re: Favicon
Posted: 05-Mar-2018 21:49   in response to: andivienne in response to: andivienne

If you check that box, Turtle will use its own favicon. If you don't check that box, your browser will automatically retrieve your own favicon.ico from the root of your domain.
andivienne

Posted: 05-Mar-2018 23:25   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

thanks but that is exactly what i did, but i get the tiger favicon
jGromit

Posted: 06-Mar-2018 00:20   in response to: andivienne in response to: andivienne

Don't check that box. Make the album and upload it. If you have a favicon.ico at the root level of your domain, your browser should display it. The skin has nothing to do with this - it should be automatic. There is no code in the skin to make this happen, or to prevent it.
andivienne

Posted: 07-Mar-2018 14:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, thanks will try to upload fully the album with the favicon already in the root (until now, i gave the favicon after fully uploading, i updated then only the album).

Will inform you about the result

Br

andivienne
jGromit

Posted: 07-Mar-2018 14:58   in response to: andivienne in response to: andivienne

It shouldn't matter either way. Just tell Turtle not to use its own favicon, and make sure that favicon.ico is at the root of your domain. Do some cache-clearing, as well - browsers sometimes cache things like this.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums