This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-Dec-2017 21:44 Last Post By: dkidner Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
dkidner

Photoswipe - background colour
Posted: 08-Dec-2017 17:38

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Photoswipe.pdf (325.8 KB)
I realise that this question does not directly relate to JAlbum and Photoswipe but I use an open source program called Kompozer to build web pages. I use Photoswipe to make albums on the page and it works really well, Since upgrading from Photoswipe 1.6.4 to 1.7.0 and beyond the chosen background colour does not appear in the Kompozer window (please see attached file). It looks fine in the browser window, but as the text and background are rendered white in Kompozer it is difficult to edit the text and add descriptions etc. I believe changes to the 'common.css' file may be causing this to happen.

Apologies if this is not strickly a Photoswipe question but I had no problems using it with Kompozer up to version 1.6.4.

Whether this can be fixed or not Photoswipe is a really great skin.

Edited by: dkidner on 08-Dec-2017 21:12
AndreWolff

Re: Photoswipe - background colour
Posted: 09-Dec-2017 10:33   in response to: dkidner in response to: dkidner
Helpful
Attachment BlueGriffin.jpg (112.3 KB)
Attachment Green.jpg (115.6 KB)
Please give a link to your website, so I can investigate the code.

BTW why are you editting text in Kompozer, you should enter all text in the jAlbum program.

Is BlueGriffon the successor of Kompozer?

I just installed BlueGriffon and opened a PhotoSwipe album with that editor, see enclosed screen-shots.

I don't see a problem and I think BlueGriffon is an excellent free html editor!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 09-Dec-2017 15:33
dkidner

Posted: 09-Dec-2017 20:04   in response to: dkidner in response to: dkidner

Thanks for respondng Andre. Yes I know Kompozer is very old, but I have been using it for over 10 years now and pretty much know what it can and cannot do. Several years ago I looked at Blue Griffon and it looked pretty basic but after your post I had another look and it has certaily been brought up to date. I will download the free version, have a little play and then see whether the paid for version is worth it.

If you click on the two links below you will be taken to two photo galleries that have been built with Photoswipe

This one was constructed using the 1.7.4 build of Photoswipe and it renders correctly in the browser but renders white in Kompozer.

Link: http://kidner.org/gallery/1/album/index.html

This one was constructed using the 1.6.4 build of Photoswipe and the same colour appears in Kompozer as it does in the browser - #006633.

Link: http://kidner.org/gallery/2/album/index.html

As this is happening on an external program - Kompozer - please don't spend any time on getting a fix. If it is a quick fix great, but any longer then dont worry.

Just out of curiosity how can I insert 'Click on any thumbnail to view the photo and then swipe across it to view all the images in the album. To get back to this screen pull down on the image.' just under the title of the album using Photoswipe rather than Kompozer?

Edited by: dkidner on 09-Dec-2017 20:27
AndreWolff

Posted: 09-Dec-2017 21:06   in response to: dkidner in response to: dkidner
Correct
Attachment page-header_1.inc (224 bytes)
Attachment AlbumDescription.PNG (90.7 KB)
Attachment BlueGriffin.PNG (748.8 KB)
dkidner wrote:
This one was constructed using the 1.7.4 build of Photoswipe and it renders correctly in the browser but renders white in Kompozer.

Link: http://kidner.org/gallery/1/album/index.html

This looks OK in BlueGriffon, see screenshot BlueGriffin.PNG
Just out of curiosity how can I insert 'Click on any thumbnail to view the photo and then swipe across it to view all the images in the album. To get back to this screen pull down on the image.' just under the title of the album using Photoswipe rather than Kompozer?
Just put that text in the album description, see screenshot AlbumDescription.PNG

You can also put this text in include file page-header_1.inc, in that case it is displayed at the top of the page.

Both methods are showed in this test album. If you have no theme image, the album description text comes below the Album title.

Edit:
If you do not use a theme image, you can also put that text in include file page-header_2.inc
Put the include files in the image directory.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 09-Dec-2017 21:12
dkidner

Posted: 09-Dec-2017 21:44   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thanks for the info Andre re Album Descriptions. I will investigate Blue Griffon.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums