This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Dec-2017 17:29 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Show 360 panorama panel only for real spherical panoramas if used by a skin
Posted: 30-Nov-2017 15:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Paul_Panhuyzen.JPG (563.2 KB)
In jAlbum V15 you see a 360° panorama panel if you open any image with a 2:1 aspect ratio, even if it has nothing to do with a spherical panorama, like the attached image.

This panel is only used by one skin, the Tiger skin, and it is absolute not essential to show a spherical panorama as you can see in the implementation of spherical panorama viewers in the PhotoSwipe skin and Slide Show 4 skin.

To avoid confusion for users I suggest:
1. To built more intelligence in the code which shows that panel, so that it is only visible for real spherical panorama pictures.
2. To enable this panel only in skins which do use that panel, via a variable like
360Panel=true in the skin.properies file.
davidekholm

Re: Show 360 panorama panel only for real spherical panoramas if used by a skin
Posted: 30-Nov-2017 16:38   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The purpose of the panel is currently to allow images that are 360° images but aren't flagged as such, to be flagged as such. Soon, when the players have matured a bit, the other fields of that panel should be respected too.
AndreWolff

Posted: 30-Nov-2017 17:41   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The purpose of the panel is currently to allow images that are 360° images but aren't flagged as such, to be flagged as such. Soon, when the players have matured a bit, the other fields of that panel should be respected too.
Yes I understand, but I think it is useless to show a pannel if it is not used by a skin, so please enable it by a setting in the skin.properties.
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Nov-2017 18:11   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Yes I understand, but I think it is useless to show a pannel if it is not used by a skin, so please enable it by a setting in the skin.properties.

Could surely do that, but this isn't much of a confusion problem as most images aren't 360° images. People now adding 360° images to jAlbum are probably aware that most skins don't support a special player for them.
jGromit

Posted: 30-Nov-2017 18:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
...most images aren't 360° images.

And most images aren't 2:1, either, a ratio that isn't produced by any camera I'm aware of. You might stumble into it while cropping, but it would have to be very intentional. If it's even one pixel off, it won't get tagged.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Dec-2017 17:28   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
Could surely do that, but this isn't much of a confusion problem as most images aren't 360° images. People now adding 360° images to jAlbum are probably aware that most skins don't support a special player for
But there are also skins with a special viewer for spherical 360° images, but these skins do not support the 360° panorama panel!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums