This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 7 Oct 17, 13:06 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ctwist

Filtered posters
Posted: 6 Oct 17, 14:44

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Create a Minimal project containing a video and set filter1 to "class=XBorderFilter frWidth=20 frCol=ivory shWidth=15 closeups".

The poster is generated with a frame. When this is shown in the video window, it does not look good.

Frames and shadows should not be applied to posters. Actually, I don't think that any album filters should be applied to posters.
JeffTucker

Re: Filtered posters
Posted: 6 Oct 17, 15:02   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

Familiar territory. In Matrix, which uses XBF by default to generate shadows on the slide images, I created my own version of XBF, one that doesn't apply a shadow if the album object is a video. It's also got a flag in there if you need to skip the shadow on a pano - because of the way Matrix shows a pano, a shadow looks awful.

Whether all filters should be skipped for a video poster is a tougher question. Copyright watermark? Logo? Gray filter?
ctwist

Posted: 7 Oct 17, 05:55   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
Whether all filters should be skipped for a video poster is a tougher question. Copyright watermark? Logo? Gray filter?
  • If a logo or copyright filter has not previously been applied to the video, the user can capture an unfiltered frame while playing it, so the filter on the poster does not protect the content.
  • If a gray filter is applied to the video, the poster will not blend with the video. The poster should be an accurate representation of a frame in the video.
The reasons for protecting or adjusting an image don't apply to a video frame. I think all album filters should be ignored for posters.

I said "album filters" because theoretically it may be possible in the future to apply the standard image filters (crop, straighten, etc.) to an individual poster (when David runs out of things to do).
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Oct 17, 13:06   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

If this is changed, it should probably be a checkbox option. Any sentence that starts out with, "Certainly no user would ever want...," is suspect. ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums