This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Aug-2017 18:41 Last Post By: RobM
AndreWolff

Please offer 2 embed.htt files and menu options
Posted: 06-Aug-2017 22:51

Click to reply to this thread Reply
With the embed.htt file for the next version of the Slide Show 4 and PhotoSwipe skin I can create responsive iframes as you can see here and here.

However if I embed the index page with thumbnails I need different code because scroll-bars should be added and the dimensions are most times different from the dimensions used for the Slide page.
See here for an example.

So my request is:

implement two embed files, the current embed.htt file for the index page and a new file embedslidepage for the Slide page.
The Album menu should offer two items Embed index page and Embed Slide page.
jGromit

Re: Please offer 2 embed.htt files and menu options
Posted: 06-Aug-2017 23:02   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
However if I embed the index page with thumbnails I need different code because scroll-bars should be added....

Ah yes, the ever-popular "scroll bars within an iframe on a page that has its own scroll bars" option. That's especially helpful on a touch screen.

I know! Flash!! It should also support Flash embedding, by generating the appropriate SWF file.

We'll make it to 1997 if we just keep trying hard enough.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Aug-2017 23:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Correct
Beyond that, you can put anything you like in embed.htt. You could have it display two different embed codes:
Use this code to embed the index page:
<iframe something>
Use this code to embed the slide page:
<iframe something else>
As with any template file, you can define any variables you want, and use them in any way you want.

In short, no need for jAlbum to provide this.
AndreWolff

Posted: 07-Aug-2017 07:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Ah yes, the ever-popular "scroll bars within an iframe on a page that has its own scroll bars" option. That's especially helpful on a touch screen.
I see you do not use touch screens, otherwise you had seen that on touch screen no scroll-bars are displayed, but the effect is there that you can drag the index page in the iFrame.
AndreWolff

Posted: 08-Aug-2017 17:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Beyond that, you can put anything you like in embed.htt. You could have it display two different embed codes:
Use this code to embed the index page:
<iframe something>
Use this code to embed the slide page:
<iframe something else>
As with any template file, you can define any variables you want, and use them in any way you want.

In short, no need for jAlbum to provide this.

You are right I can do it via a switch in embed.htt

Thanks for the tip!
RobM

Posted: 08-Aug-2017 18:41   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
jGromit wrote:
I see you do not use touch screens, otherwise you had seen that on touch screen no scroll-bars are displayed, but the effect is there that you can drag the index page in the iFrame.
On http://www.andrewolff.nl/TestAlbum/Embedded_PS/slidepage.html if you pause the slideshow the image expands beyond the screen, you need to scroll both horizontally and vertically to see all of the image.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums